New LED lamps - recommendations please

Rectangular lights on an 1150 - are you mad? :D

Yup :)

Break the mold :)

sf4-X2.jpg

sf%20%284%29-XL.jpg

DSC00904-XL.jpg

Ps this weekend I shall be bolting on a pair of the below......they're all loomed up and ready to go :)
I'm going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark, and for all but the last mile, there are no streetlamps but lots of foxes, badgers and deer, so I'm going for the full retinal burn-out :D

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 607
Run them flat out in the day ,then dim down for night time running as there far to bright dazzle everybody ,as soon as main beam is triggered they come back on to full power very clever

Run them flat out in the day ,then dim down for night time running as there far to bright dazzle everybody ,as soon as main beam is triggered they come back on to full power very clever

Wouldn't you be better off just having them adjusted not to dazzle, night or day?

The guys at Clearwater say the opposite - you have to run them at minmium (25%) during the day as they are seriously bright. At night when there isn't oncoming traffic you can crank them up. Mine have just arrived so I'll post up some pics when I get the install completed.

There stupidly bright ,I do get flashed a bit in the day time but to me that means there doing there job.

There stupidly bright ,I do get flashed a bit in the day time but to me that means there doing there job.

No - it means they are badly adjusted and are dazzling people - which also means they will have difficulty working out how far you are away. You also stand a very good chance of getting pulled - if you happen across the sole traffic patrol in Lincolnshire Constabulary... :D

There adjusted for night time main beam use.
I'll risk the police in the day as any help to stop numties pulling out on me has got be a good thing in my opion.
Never had a problem yet in two years 20k miles.

There adjusted for night time main beam use.
I'll risk the police in the day as any help to stop numties pulling out on me has got be a good thing in my opion.
Never had a problem yet in two years 20k miles.

I didn't start this thread as a discussion on how to use them - dig out.

Just one thing - when you are stopped - be sure to say "I'll risk the police in the day as any help to stop numties pulling out on me has got be a good thing in my opion(sic)" - Traffic cops live to read stuff like that out in court - you might as well say "It's a fair cop"... :D

Whatch out you you've got your knickers in a twist.
Just buy the eBay Cree ones ,sure that's what you wanted to here.

Oh and when I'm stopped I'll confess to breaking the speed limit as well .

I got some Clearwater Darla's. I'm really pleased with them. I got them for my Alp for LDT's. Doing off road sections over night I wanted a lot of light and these didn't let me down.

They are 2000 lumens each on full. They have a dimmer switch when in use as DRLs which can be turned up to 66%, then on main beam they go up to full power.

They cost quite a lot but they look and perform like a quality piece of kit. If my crap ones fail on my G/S I'll be buying another pair of these to put on.

I got some Clearwater Darla's. I'm really pleased with them. I got them for my Alp for LDT's. Doing off road sections over night I wanted a lot of light and these didn't let me down.

They are 2000 lumens each on full. They have a dimmer switch when in use as DRLs which can be turned up to 66%, then on main beam they go up to full power.

They cost quite a lot but they look and perform like a quality piece of kit. If my crap ones fail on my G/S I'll be buying another pair of these to put on.

Any pics of them installed mate?

Micro DE with LED ?

I'm just sending back the pair of square 6x LED lamps I bought off Amazon as they are rubbish quality (not sure what I was expecting for £20 though).

I like the quality of Hella Micro DE, so I've just ordered another pair (got them on my other bike). Not quite so keen on them drawing 9 amps a pair as DRLs though.

Has anyone here tried H3 LED bulbs in these Micro DE lamps ?

heres my Darlas

Attachments

• cl3.jpg
    cl3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 581
  • cl11.jpg
    cl11.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 577
  • cl22.jpg
    cl22.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 586
  • cl 4.jpg