R1200RT LC oem Akrapovic or leave standard?

vteec

Reaction score
hi
i am thinking about installing the oem akrapovic on my 2014 RT but sometimes i think that it would not suit since this bike is all about elegance and sport touring, and a sports exhaust can would look silly.
i also like the look of the stock can.
on the other hand i know i will love the sound! :)

can you please post pictures and reviews of the akrapovic installed on your bikes?

thank you

Not currently at home so can't post pictures.

Definitely my favourite upgrade though. Sounds great and looks WAY better than that ridiculous lump of shiny chrome that it came with!

The dealer left the baffle out when I had it fitted. That sounded a bit silly on an RT but with the baffle in, it sounds lovely.

Do it, you won't regret it...

thank you richardbd, if you have pictures i would appreciate it a lot.

Not currently at home so can't post pictures.

Definitely my favourite upgrade though. Sounds great and looks WAY better than that ridiculous lump of shiny chrome that it came with!

The dealer left the baffle out when I had it fitted. That sounded a bit silly on an RT but with the baffle in, it sounds lovely.

Do it, you won't regret it...

Having spent a fair bit of last weekend looking at and listening to the akropovic on Richard's bike I can say that is makes the bike look great and goes well as well!

hi
i found the oem akrapovic slightly cheaper online than from my agent.
can i fit this myself? is it hard?
or the bike has to be hooked up to the bmw computer at the agent for a software update for exhaust etc. please?

a simple brake top case brake light had to be coded at the dealer as well :(

I fitted mine last week, the instructions are good, just make sure you have copper grease as mine didn't come with any. In total around 30 mins work. The exhaust works straight away without the need for any dealer involvement.

Had the Akra fitted to mine from new. now done 10k+ miles and still mint.
Bit too loud without the db killer though.

I've exactly the same experience as Yonkyo. If, like me, you longed for a motorbike which sounds like a motorbike, its worthwhile. BTW, the fitting is an absolute doddle for anybody unless they're complete numpty, needing just a couple of bolts undoing.

Where did you get the infill panels please?

I'm sticking with the Oem can for the mo. The LC seems much noisier than the Twin cam anyway, I don't want any more noise, can't hear the radio...

Splash guard inlets

Where did you get the infill panels please?

I'm sticking with the Oem can for the mo. The LC seems much noisier than the Twin cam anyway, I don't want any more noise, can't hear the radio...

Did you ever find out who makes these, how to get them: (the side splash guard on Yonkyo's bike)

Oh dear. Fitting sports exhausts to tourers....rather like fitting road tyres to a GS, kinda misses the point of the bike really.

Oh dear. Fitting sports exhausts to tourers....rather like fitting road tyres to a GS, kinda misses the point of the bike really.

Agree with the Akropovic, it doesn't seem to blend or enhance the looks.

Agree with the Akropovic, it doesn't seem to blend or enhance the looks.

I have an Akra fitted to my RT and I think it looks nice, and it sounds quite good, without being too loud. But then as I actually own an RT, guess its my decision :)

I've got this AC Schnitzer can, as i like the all black look. It's actually made by Remus but without the great big red logo that the Remus-branded cans have.

Attachments

• ac-schnitzer-r1200rt-lc.jpg
    ac-schnitzer-r1200rt-lc.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 142
I've got this AC Schnitzer can, as i like the all black look. It's actually made by Remus but without the great big red logo that the Remus-branded cans have.
Yeah, that looks like the Remus Hexacone I had on my R. Much more aesthetically pleasing on the RT :thumb:

I saw an Akrapovic fitted to an RS and it looked out of place and aftermarket on that model. It's essentially the same shape as the OE silencer but it's the combination of carbon fibre and titanium that looks odd.

Back
Top Bottom