Traffic Jams warning !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gecko

Reaction score
Anyone heading to Holland via Calais or Zeebrugge for the GS meeting Holland please take note. (This does not effect Hoek of Holland or other routes.)

Effective today 24/3 major road works have restarted on the Antwerp ring road (E19)

If you are heading up to Holland on the E17 from Gent or the E34 from Brugge you will need to expect severe traffic jams south of Antwerp.
The radio is reporting 15km of jams from St Niklaas towards Antwerp just now and this is only going to get worse with the Easter holiday traffic.

You might be well advised to take the longer route via the E40 to Brussels then pick up the E314 towards Maastricht or if you have GPS set it to avoid motorways around Antwerp.

Don't forget this will also effect your journey time back to the channel ports on Monday so allow plenty of time.

Have a safe trip and see you on Saturday.

Moderators - can you make this thread sticky for 24 hours so as many people as possible see it before they depart.
Cheers
Gecko

....just trying to keep the thread up the top of the list for you intrepid travellers ;)

Can't I'm afraid.....no super powers in the events section ;)

This'll bounce it though and we can do the same again later :D

Bill

Fanum said:
Can't I'm afraid.....no super powers in the events section ;)

This'll bounce it though and we can do the same again later :D

Bill

OK no problem, this'll bounce it back to the top again too then :D

Last time bounce....if they haven't read it by now I'll be waving at them from my office window sometime later today I expect :D
My colleague said it was already backed up more than 5km at 7am and it's getting worse all the time. Loads of people on the move for the easter weekend although for many it is a normal working day in Belgium today.
Bon voyage mateys :p

Back
Top Bottom