Got mine on Wednesday - what do I make first.................

Oil cooler and radiator guards, the OP's question.

They do not need to be heavy or heavy duty, that's for sure. In fact a lightweight plastic honeycomb would do providing the heat did not get to it. Some of them cable tie into position they are so light, though I am not a great fan of using that method, if only out of aesthetics. To give you an idea, Evotech's radiator guard is shown as 420 grammes and the separate oil cooler guard at 180 grammes.

Unfortunately I am not at home at the moment or I could post you one from R&G to show you what they are like.

Point taken, weight is everything on this type of bike. I`ll try ali (but I can see problems with that) and very thin stainless (problems with that too!) and see what the lads think...............

Point taken, weight is everything on this type of bike. I`ll try ali (but I can see problems with that) and very thin stainless (problems with that too!) and see what the lads think...............

I, and I believe the Nutty one have the evo tech rad and cooler guards. They seem very good, not heavy well made and fit without the use of cable ties have a look at those particularly the fitment

I, and I believe the Nutty one have the evo tech rad and cooler guards. They seem very good, not heavy well made and fit without the use of cable ties have a look at those particularly the fitment

Sounds good to me, if I can`t improve on anything like this then I`ll buy the evo tech

Sounds good to me, if I can`t improve on anything like this then I`ll buy the evo tech

They are a bit fiddly to fit
Nutty probably paid someone to do his but the long and the short of it is i hate things fastened on with cable ties as to make the bike look like a tinkers donkey

The evotech guards fit by using the original bolts that join the oil cooler to the rad and good clips on top. There is a video i think on their site showing how to do it

Took me about 20 minutes

Oil cooler and radiator guards, the OP's question.

They do not need to be heavy or heavy duty, that's for sure. In fact a lightweight plastic honeycomb would do providing the heat did not get to it. Some of them cable tie into position they are so light, though I am not a great fan of using that method, if only out of aesthetics. To give you an idea, Evotech's radiator guard is shown as 420 grammes and the separate oil cooler guard at 180 grammes.

Unfortunately I am not at home at the moment or I could post you one from R&G to show you what they are like.

I've also got the R&G ones, fitted by Alan Jeffries!! and they fit perfect and look great

They are a bit fiddly to fit
Nutty probably paid someone to do his but the long and the short of it is i hate things fastened on with cable ties as to make the bike look like a tinkers donkey

The evotech guards fit by using the original bolts that join the oil cooler to the rad and good clips on top. There is a video i think on their site showing how to do it

Took US about 20 minutes

Fixed it for ya

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I've got the Evotech ones. They are the best design, so Mark will have his work cut out trying to better them.:p

And no, of course I didn't fit them; that's what I pay a butler for.;)

Yep, I've got the Evotech ones. They are the best design, so Mark will have his work cut out trying to better them.:p

And no, of course I didn't fit them; that's what I pay a butler for.;)

Nuts, pal, send us the link and I will take a looksee.

Butler eh, I guess you can afford one with al the money you save eh :D

The issue of the LH side blanking plate.......................

Fella`s I`m already getting enquiries from around the globe about this hanger (so fanks for all the support) but I`ve put some thought to this LH side blanking plate request.............

IMHO I can`t really see why we need one :confused: here`s a photo of my LH side with just two simple stainless steel button head fasteners on the holes to blank them off and stop any ingress of shite. The side plates are readily available at over £20 each (not from me) but it seems like unnecessary cost to us all (well, apart from Nuts who seems to pay fekk all for my gear) :D

So, I dunno, what do you think? Blanked off with two stainless fasteners (free) or a blanking plate (not free) held in with the two free fasteners..............

Fekkin no brainer to me but I will always listen to The Lads!

script>

Btw black hanger available later this week (and, Nuts ffs, yours too...........:D) and I`ll post an image as soon as I have it.

.....+1

I will pop over when the black one (specially for me) is ready

Don`t tell Nuts but I will give you the one I made for him eh.......................

Only joking, Nuts, I made 2 and they are both at the powder coaters :D

Fella`s I`m already getting enquiries from around the globe about this hanger (so fanks for all the support) but I`ve put some thought to this LH side blanking plate request.............

IMHO I can`t really see why we need one :confused: here`s a photo of my LH side with just two simple stainless steel button head fasteners on the holes to blank them off and stop any ingress of shite. The side plates are readily available at over £20 each (not from me) but it seems like unnecessary cost to us all (well, apart from Nuts who seems to pay fekk all for my gear) :D

So, I dunno, what do you think? Blanked off with two stainless fasteners (free) or a blanking plate (not free) held in with the two free fasteners..............

Fekkin no brainer to me but I will always listen to The Lads!

script>

Btw black hanger available later this week (and, Nuts ffs, yours too...........:D) and I`ll post an image as soon as I have it.

The fasteners would be fine. I had the plates on my S1000R, and did wonder at the time why they were necessary.

Could you get the fasteners powder coated, so they blend in to the frame more?:hide:D

Back
Top Bottom