Got mine on Wednesday - what do I make first.................

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, what a chuffing awesome machine (red, full spec). The best word my limited IQ can come up with is `angry` - I`m sure it was slagging me off as I tried to ride at a mere 30mph.

I rode the 200bhp S1000RR a few weeks ago (to design a clock anti theft brace) and this bike, with the GS style riding position seems the best of both worlds.

Obviously it can`t, and never will, be able to do exactly what the GS`s can do :bow and what all the GS owners can make them do :bow but bugger me ridged until I feel like I`ve been to an all night Village People concert - its just an amazing machine. No, I ain`t keen on the chain and there is a vibe in the bars (coz its sooo angry :green gri) but by Olivia Newton Johns Hymen, what a tool (and for a change I don`t mean meee :D).

Anyhoo if I can a) stay off it long enough and b) hang onto my licence I want to design some stuff for it over the winter season. I`m kinda thinking:

1. Clock anti theft brace
2. Oil and rad guards

So kinda the normal stuff :blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

But.............. I`m also getting a rush of blood over `sports panniers` - think GSA toolbox but bigger than the toolbox and far sexier than the OEM panniers which IMHO look like blood blisters. Think totally impractical :D, mebbe anodised, very very sexy (have I already mentioned that?) and viably non-commercial, Don`t think big and practical (that's for the GS lads!) think sexy as fekk and as it happens you can put stuff in them! There`s a good pannier rail to fit them onto or into and something in ali (for a change) so its light and Tig welded by a craftsman (and guys, Tig welding is an art) could and might look real good.

So, as sometimes from me, a pure indulgence, over engineered, sexy as fekk, costs more to make than sell and sometimes designed whilst pissed :D

Any suggestions, including "Mark you are talking bollocks again" is oh so very much welcome and expected but I do remain receptive to any good ideas :clap

Here`s a photo of this amazing machine `still` (but not for long and the anti theft brace I designed for the S1000RR boys (as their clocks was getting nicked in the cities)

script>

script>

Like the look of the clock thing. Not sure about panniers as I have removed the rails to clean it up !

Might i suggest a nice alloy exhaust hanger and rear peg blanking bits !

Congrats on the bike shame it is in the shade of dog cock red :D

A throttle lock/stop might be a good idea to save both tyres and license

Like the look of the clock thing. Not sure about panniers as I have removed the rails to clean it up !

Agreed on the exhaust hanger and pillion peg blanking plate. I'm fed up waiting for R&G to get their finger out and put them into production. They've had an XR for 3 months, so who knows what the delay is.

Mark, these powder coated black would look great, and I reckon you'd sell loads if you price them right (around £60-£70). I can mention it on the XR forum if you like.

And yes, you got the right colour, much nicer than the gay, bland white like Redricks. Did you know that red is faster?:green gri

Black powder coated would look classy. I've got the standard aluminium boxes on my TB GSA but would have preferred black. I adapted black Jesse box supports to fit my 1995 H-D softail custom and they look the business! Maybe I should make them fit my TB GSA?

Agreed on the exhaust hanger and pillion peg blanking plate. I'm fed up waiting for R&G to get their finger out and put them into production. They've had an XR for 3 months, so who knows what the delay is.

Mark, these powder coated black would look great, and I reckon you'd sell loads if you price them right (around £20-£30). I can mention it on the XR forum if you like.

And yes, you got the right colour, much duller than the super dooper white like Redricks. Did you know that red is more attractive to transvestites and policemen ?:green gri

Fixed

I can see your red wine stock increasing tenfold.

Amen to that and thank you to everyone who has shown concern over my recent challenges. I am pleased to say that at no point whatsoever did anyone, the surgeon, consultant, witch doctors etc etc ever ever EVER say I can`t drink Gods Good Grape wooooohooooooo :bounce1

Mark, these powder coated black would look great, and I reckon you'd sell loads if you price them right (around £60-£70). I can mention it on the XR forum if you like.

And yes, you got the right colour, much nicer than the gay, bland white like Redricks. Did you know that red is faster?:green gri

Sooooooooo, exhaust hanger (which I can`t get any `jiggy with it going` (whats wrong with the one its got?), and blanking plate thingymajigs eh?

What about a one piece rad and oil cover cover? Seemingly they are very hard to make and unviable (other parts suppliers words not mine) so that interests me............

(I`ll leave the easy stuff for the puffs and white XR riders...................:D)

Good point about removing the rails to clean it up fella.

Sooooooooo, exhaust hanger (which I can`t get any `jiggy with it going` (whats wrong with the one its got?), and blanking plate thingymajigs eh?

What about a one piece rad and oil cover cover? Seemingly they are very hard to make and unviable (other parts suppliers words not mine) so that interests me............

(I`ll leave the easy stuff for the puffs and white XR riders...................:D)

I want to remove my pillion pegs, as I won't be taking a pillion on this bike, but on the right side, the pillion peg hanger holds the exhaust on. R&G are developing a plate to hold the exhaust on, without a pillion peg.

Have a look here http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/BMW/S1000XR/2015/EH0064BK/

Rad guards could be good. I already have some, but you should be able to shift a few to new owners.

I can see your red wine stock increasing tenfold.

And bizarrely enough I`ve just made a bracket for a geezer with an R1200C (acquired taste) and he`s just given me wine! Woohoo, my reputation as a wino now extends into the cruiser fraternity!

script>

sorry very off topic............

Fekk me its happening again init :D

The weather looks like its changing next week so will that be early enough for you, you bloody impatient git :D

tail tidy might be a problem tho - dunno exactly what you mean there Nuts Baby.

Soz mate, thick as fekk me, thanks for the input but I honestly don`t now what you mean?

And I`ve just hit the vino..............

Hi Mark

For me a Nav-V locking device would be great it gets annoying having to remove the unit each time I park, if you could make a unit that takes the BMW lock barrel that would be great.

Terry

Hi Mark

For me a Nav-V locking device would be great it gets annoying having to remove the unit each time I park, if you could make a unit that takes the BMW lock barrel that would be great.

Terry

that's a big ask mate TBH, it now looks like I will be disappearing up my own chuff to get this hanger done for Nuts.Even after that I will have to put deep thought to it but thanks for the suggestion, its a good one

Back
Top Bottom