SKY BOX PLU ~ KEEPS NEEDING RESETTING

Gordyman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a sky box plus about 2 years old. I have to reset it daily (switch off at mains and reboot). It seems to lose its 'link' about mid morning daily. The reason that I know this is that a few days ago I had the TV on and at about mid morning a message came up warning on an imminent reboot and if I did not want this then I should press back up to return to the programme I had on. So I am wondering if this is what is happening every day?

I have another box in another room and I never have this problem at all so it can't be the satellite link.

Is there something I can do to stop this?

Sky are useless as all they want to do is charge me £100 for an engineer to visit and then another charge for a new box that is guaranteed for only six months. I don't want to do this if all that is needed is some sort of reprogramming or something?

Any ideas chaps n chapesses?

Yes, it sounds like a full re-set and update. I had to do this with mine when it was showing similar symptoms. Only I cannot now recall exactly how it was done. I think it was something like remove the plug from the mains, press and hold the on-off button while the plug is replaced and then it will carry on on it's own.

That's the on-off button on top of the receiver, not the remote.

:blast
Carried out reset as per above. Still same symptoms. Looking like I must admit defeat and get sky in. Bugga!
Thanks for your replies tho.

Back
Top Bottom