Disaster for "GS Vintage You Tube " Bikes in South France Floods

Moorend

Reaction score
Hello,
A disaster has occurred for the small band of bikers in the South of France due to the recent floods there . Myself and a lot of you will watch on You Tube ,especially if you might have a older GS or even a HP2, this small group of enthusiasts. Their adventures are always entertaining and offer us all what the South of France offers to bikers. Recent floods , as it shows on their video , poured into their basement type garage to flood their precious machines . One by one it shows the bikes being pushed out and slowly the mud and muck being hosed off. Will these bikes every function again ?
This must be the next part of this story.

Hello,
A disaster has occurred for the small band of bikers in the South of France due to the recent floods there . Myself and a lot of you will watch on You Tube ,especially if you might have a older GS or even a HP2, this small group of enthusiasts. Their adventures are always entertaining and offer us all what the South of France offers to bikers. Recent floods , as it shows on their video , poured into their basement type garage to flood their precious machines . One by one it shows the bikes being pushed out and slowly the mud and muck being hosed off. Will these bikes every function again ?
This must be the next part of this story.

I've had my HP2 completely underwater - and it was fine. Cleared the airbox, and the cylinders and restarted on the button. Water gets in to the engine oil through the breathers, so you'll need to change the oil as well. Took about four oil changes to clear the mayo that the oil had turned in to! This was a few years ago now - bike has been fine ever since :thumb2

I've had my HP2 completely underwater - and it was fine. Cleared the airbox, and the cylinders and restarted on the button. Water gets in to the engine oil through the breathers, so you'll need to change the oil as well. Took about four oil changes to clear the mayo that the oil had turned in to! This was a few years ago now - bike has been fine ever since :thumb2

Well done !
A couple a weeks ago I was out for a short run in the Yorkshire Dales on my GS 80 Paris Dakar. Following a bit of rain and tea,the bike started to cough,misfire and misbehaved all the way home. It doesn't like the damp but that's the fun of older bikes, their problems and our solutions !
On my HP2 enduro , like us all, my expectations rise !
Glad your HP2 is fine !

we used to get tracktors stuck on the beach all the time ! we would plug the exaust with old undderpants tacke of the batery off next time the tide went aut new diesel and oil and the bugers ran again after we had towd them aut with a biger trachtor not schure what the salt water had for long term nock on afecht but I am schure thier are plenty of bickes on the roade still from when that container ship sank with all thoes bmw swiming to schore in 2006 or 2007 in Devon may be thats why a lot of the 1200c have coroschion ;)

I still have that on video somewhere ....... You can just see the tailight glowing under the surface of the water :D

I still have that on video somewhere ....... You can just see the tailight glowing under the surface of the water :D

You need to post it because I've lost it!!

Back
Top Bottom