Long term Autocom user considering move over to Bluetooth any advice please?

Sorry yes I have, its light years ahead of the old Q2, operating it using the phone (iphone) is so easy, operating it using the buttons is a bit of a PITN but possible,

It has connected effortlessly with Sena and another Cardo G9X with the Sena using the gateway, range does not seam to be the Packtalk weak point as you find one of the others drop out first, suggesting that's its other equipment that is limiting the range. In terms of clarity its light years ahead of the factory fitted unit in my car and is perfectly audible up to illegal speeds on my own private airfield :)
I have not been able to try the DMC method of connection as I need to find another packtalk user :)

PS I would struggle to justify paying full price for the unit, regardless of how nice the packaging is :) I paid well under £150 for the unit from the evil bay.

Hope this helps :)

Kevin

Ok Bit the Bullet

Gone with the Scala Packtalk, so far so good

Pairs easily with the nav V, found that it works best to have phone paired to Nav 5 and Packtalk paired to Nav 5, only tricky bit is using the phone app to change settings as you then have to have the phone paired to the Packtalk to use it, which disconnects it from Nav V, Still playing with it but it pairs up fine so just a case of understanding all the functions a little better first.

:beerjug:

Oi
Ok Bit the Bullet

Gone with the Scala Packtalk, so far so good

Pairs easily with the nav V, found that it works best to have phone paired to Nav 5 and Packtalk paired to Nav 5, only tricky bit is using the phone app to change settings as you then have to have the phone paired to the Packtalk to use it, which disconnects it from Nav V, Still playing with it but it pairs up fine so just a case of understanding all the functions a little better first.

:beerjug:

Nice one keep us posted how it goes. How will you connect to a PMR ? And what make will the PTT button be ?

Sorry yes I have, its light years ahead of the old Q2, operating it using the phone (iphone) is so easy, operating it using the buttons is a bit of a PITN but possible,

It has connected effortlessly with Sena and another Cardo G9X with the Sena using the gateway, range does not seam to be the Packtalk weak point as you find one of the others drop out first, suggesting that's its other equipment that is limiting the range. In terms of clarity its light years ahead of the factory fitted unit in my car and is perfectly audible up to illegal speeds on my own private airfield :)
I have not been able to try the DMC method of connection as I need to find another packtalk user :)

PS I would struggle to justify paying full price for the unit, regardless of how nice the packaging is :) I paid well under £150 for the unit from the evil bay.

Hope this helps :)

Kevin
Sorry to hijack but do you know if it will pair with an old scala Q2

Just to resurrect this thread, I was an early adopter of a Sena 20S after years with Autocom kit. I got fed up with the faffing about with Autocom kit plus the expense and issues with alternator noise, ghost earths etc.

I had some issues initially with my 20S units, resolved by Sena with new (improved) hardware under warranty. It has since performed flawlessly in all weathers including torrential downpours. It gets used every day as I commute to work by bike. I use it with in-ear monitors rather than the in helmet speakers provided. I also have the bluetooth to PMR kit for my Kenwood radio with a PTT included. Typical battery life is 11 hours of continuous use but you can charge whilst riding if necessary.

I would never go back to using Autocom and would strongly recommend the Sena units.

Just to resurrect this thread, I was an early adopter of a Sena 20S after years with Autocom kit. I got fed up with the faffing about with Autocom kit plus the expense and issues with alternator noise, ghost earths etc.

I had some issues initially with my 20S units, resolved by Sena with new (improved) hardware under warranty. It has since performed flawlessly in all weathers including torrential downpours. It gets used every day as I commute to work by bike. I use it with in-ear monitors rather than the in helmet speakers provided. I also have the bluetooth to PMR kit for my Kenwood radio with a PTT included. Typical battery life is 11 hours of continuous use but you can charge whilst riding if necessary.

I would never go back to using Autocom and would strongly recommend the Sena units.

Pukmeister

What Bluetooth adaptor do you have for your kenwood radio please.

Ta

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used a Scala G9 and recently a G9X and found them both excellent. Day to day i use it with my iPhone for satnav (Tomtom) and also music which works brilliantly.

When touring I have a Zumo 220 and it works fine with the iPhone and Zumo where it prioritises the satnav when it's speaking directions and then restores the music after a few seconds.

As for intercom we used it heavily in a group of 6 this year down through the Alps. The 4 person simultaneous intercom is more hassle than it's worth and as rapidly ignored. What we did find useful was calling each other using the voice recognition feature which allowed us to link to pretty much anyone else in the group. Choice of username was crucial so that they all sounded different otherwise you ended up ringing the wrong person.

BT comms was excellent though and Arsey and I had a great chat whilst haring up the Col de Turini.

What I think is crucial though in my setup was moulded in-ear monitors from Ultimateear. The sound quality is superb and volume hardly needs adjusting at all regardless of the speed. The G9X has a small socket for the headphones so I got the company to make me up a small connecting lead so I connect them in once I've put my helmet on.

Battery life is superb with some 10-12 hour days being handled easily with a mixture of music and comms throughout the day.

Pukmeister

What Bluetooth adaptor do you have for your kenwood radio please.

Ta

Andy

I use a Sena SR10 to link a Sena 3S to a Kenwood, and will be also be trying it with the 20s I've just got. No issues noted so far with the 3s, can't see the 20s being much different.

I use a Sena SR10 to link a Sena 3S to a Kenwood, and will be also be trying it with the 20s I've just got. No issues noted so far with the 3s, can't see the 20s being much different.

Thanks fella

Hello all,

I have been watching this post very carefully and up until this post I continued happily along with my hardwired autocom setup.

That's now changed and I have just entered the 'wireless zone'!!!!

It my birthday this month and the missus has just bought me the interphone F5MC twin kit, this one suits my usage the best 😊

All of the advice has been a real lesson and invaluable, thanks to those that gave it and to roadcraft-rider for asking the question

Cheers

H

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I have been watching this post very carefully and up until this post I continued happily along with my hardwired autocom setup.

That's now changed and I have just entered the 'wireless zone'!!!!

It my birthday this month and the missus has just bought me the interphone F5MC twin kit, this one suits my usage the best ��

All of the advice has been a real lesson and invaluable, thanks to those that gave it and to roadcraft-rider for asking the question

Cheers

H

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Ah ha, I have just bought the exact same kit.

Had a play with it prior to installation and it seems good.

It does seem that if you are streaming music from say an iPhone and you have intercom open the music cuts out. I guess this is because there is no VOX, therefore, you have to activate intercom on either unit to start a conversation.

Secondly, have you tried attaching a Bluetooth GPS as well as streming music from an iPhone? I've not tried this yet but indications are that it cannot be done!

Ah ha, I have just bought the exact same kit.

Had a play with it prior to installation and it seems good.

It does seem that if you are streaming music from say an iPhone and you have intercom open the music cuts out. I guess this is because there is no VOX, therefore, you have to activate intercom on either unit to start a conversation.

Secondly, have you tried attaching a Bluetooth GPS as well as streming music from an iPhone? I've not tried this yet but indications are that it cannot be done!

As soon as it arrives and I have have a few hours with it I will review it Shready

It will be connecting to a Zuma 550 and a galaxy S6 if that makes any difference.

Looking forward to using it espacially the option to chat to other bikers over intercom.

I usually lead a ride out and a mate with fk off LED's sits at the back and I keep my eyes open to make sure the group are closed in.

He has the same unit I have bought so will be able to speak to him from now on, that will be a novelty.

Plan is to connect phone to GPS and GPS to F5MC

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As soon as it arrives and I have have a few hours with it I will review it Shready

It will be connecting to a Zuma 550 and a galaxy S6 if that makes any difference.

Looking forward to using it espacially the option to chat to other bikers over intercom.

I usually lead a ride out and a mate with fk off LED's sits at the back and I keep my eyes open to make sure the group are closed in.

He has the same unit I have bought so will be able to speak to him from now on, that will be a novelty.

Plan is to connect phone to GPS and GPS to F5MC

I have a Zumo 550 and an iPhone 6s. I need to play with the connections some more.

Did you buy from Amazon?

I have a Zumo 550 and an iPhone 6s. I need to play with the connections some more.

Did you buy from Amazon?
Ebay from a dealer in Italy

Opted for the twin pack as she was paying :)

Ebay from a dealer in Italy

Opted for the twin pack as she was paying :)

I have the twin pack too, good deal £202 on Amazon, again from Italy.

I have the twin pack too, good deal £202 on Amazon, again from Italy.
☺ could be same dealer

Paid £210 for the pair delivered

Some uk dealers were looking £350!!!!!!!

Thats a free pint and a kebab to you mate 😐

☺ could be same dealer

Paid £210 for the pair delivered

Some uk dealers were looking £350!!!!!!!

Thats a free pint and a kebab to you mate

I think it is the same dealer. The price seems to vary on Amazon by the day, £213 now, probably Euro dependent.

Back
Top Bottom