Service update - first milestone : 40k kms / 24k miles ( Valve Check )

Banzai600

Reaction score
Left the bike in last week for the 40k km service. Was getting the usual, oils, filters, fluids etc etc & valve check.

I have it new since Oct 2012. It gets regular servicing. I replaced the plugs are 23k, so gonna leave the current ones in until 50k.

The valves were perfect, nothing needed adjusting, tolerances couldnt have been better. Plugs were as clean the day they went in at 23k kms and the engine is tight. I was told " swiss watch" and "couldnt be better". The guy who serviced the bike is very well clued in, same chap who flashed the ecu and dyno tuned it for me.,

The bikes does get everyday use for commuting and the odd long spin. Running like a clock.....

I reckon these bikes would easily see 500k, without a doubt.

:bow

Mine is at about 21k now, will do the shim service next summer - and that will probably be the last time.

A few folk (Mainly US) have topped 100k and it seems the shims just do not move, probably safe to double the Yamaha schedule, so if I do mine at 24k by the time it hits 70+k and may need doing again the bike will be worth no more than the cost of the service anyway, check out this guys records:

http://pnwtenere.com/2014/12/02/chris-and-his-high-milage-super-tenere/

Got a way to go on mine then ...ony got 3500 miles on my '14 ES

Nice to read so many reports of little going wrong :thumb

Back
Top Bottom