Buying a MacBook ?

Hi, this is about 14-15% off apple retail price of £999
which is about the level of a uni student discount.
can't comment on the company though!!
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon (through sellers) have it for £880 which might offer a bit more reassurance. A lot of these companies bypass VAT, so you can make a good saving as a personal buyer, but if you're buying through business it works out more expensive.

The Pro is a great bit of kit if you don't need the ultimate portability of the Air, but I'd consider going for the 256GB version.

I've bought both a Macbook Pro and an iMac from Stormfront and they've been excellent, the guy dealing with my Macbook purchase even massaged things so I got a brand new Office for Mac (2011 an the time) for £10

If you go into their stores you can take advantage of 1yr interest free too ;)

Just check the specs against the Apple website though , as many of these internet sellers actually offer brand new laptops that are not actually the latest spec. I wonder if Apple seel them off cheap(er) to them when they do their regular spec upgrades?

It's the latest model, but they are selling from another country usually (eg Hong Kong) so they are avoiding vat. You won't get a vat invoice which if you're buying personally isn't a problem, but if you're buying through/for business you can't claim it back and therefore it's more expensive.

It's the latest model, but they are selling from another country usually (eg Hong Kong) so they are avoiding vat. You won't get a vat invoice which if you're buying personally isn't a problem, but if you're buying through/for business you can't claim it back and therefore it's more expensive.

The things I have bought from Simply came next day from the UK, they may have changed business model in the last 12 months though.

The things I have bought from Simply came next day from the UK, they may have changed business model in the last 12 months though.

They ship from Reading, but via Hong Kong I believe. Check your invoice - I bet it doesn't have VAT on it.

You can't buy Apple products at a genuine discount (other than student or refurb store) - they won't allow it.

If you're getting it for Christmas, hang on a bit.

Apple have just revamped their desktop lineup and so the new spec laptops are due out anytime soon.

If you're getting it for Christmas, hang on a bit.

Apple have just revamped their desktop lineup and so the new spec laptops are due out anytime soon.

We have Mac forum at work and that usually gives a good indication of when the new models are due.

Take someone who works in education with you to the Apple store and get the education discount. They don't have to be a teacher/lecturer, they simply have to be employed by a school, college, university etc. I took my brother, he showed his ID and I bought my macbook with a nice discount, free Apple Care and free £70 iTunes voucher.

Top cat 2006, whilst I have never joined in the current hilltop thread ( but am a avid reader ) I thought your response on this occasion was hilarious.

SteveC.

Top cat 2006, whilst I have never joined in the current hilltop thread ( but am a avid reader ) I thought your response on this occasion was hilarious.

SteveC.

I'm glad someone noticed. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.....

Bought two Mac Pro's from Apple. Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom