Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides @ Dent 2016

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Rides.

Reet then.
    At the moment I can only commit to doing a ride on Saturday but may do Sunday if I can get a swap at work.
    I will post as soon as I know.
    So, Saturday.
    I will once again be assisted by my mate Andy as tail end sweeper.
    The plan is for a longish ride of close on 200 miles.
    The route is very similar to last year with a few changes, including a bit more GS friendly off road.
    The tarmac sections vary from flat out fast and twisty to bumpy single track.
    We will once again travel far and wide into the wilds of the north of England.
    Because of the distance we need to be away as close to 9.30 am as possible.
    You most likely will be back at the campsite by around 6pm. Depending on how many coffee stops.
    We will be stopping for lunch in Hexham and coffee somewhere else enroute.
    Please try and have half a tank of fuel before the off.
    As last year all the off road can be avoided, but it is all novice friendly and if dry, road tyres will be ok.
    Be aware your pride and joy will get muddy making you look well knarly when you get back.
    You will pass through, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Teasdale, Weardale, Cumbria and Nothumberland.
    Andy and I will be at the campsite at about 9am, me on triple black gsa, Andy on an yellow 1150 gs.
    I will put a sign on my bike so you can find us.
    Andy and I don't use a complicated drop off system, all we ask is that when we take a turning is that you make sure
    that the person behind you has seen you, this may mean that you have to wait a few seconds until they do.
    Sunday, if it happens, will be shorter and just made up as I go along on the less travelled roads of the area.
    Paul and Andy.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by paul nicholls View Post
    Reet then.
    At the moment I can only commit to doing a ride on Saturday but may do Sunday if I can get a swap at work.
    So, Saturday.
    The route is very similar to last year with a few changes, including a bit more GS friendly off road.
    You most likely will be back at the campsite by around 6pm. Depending on how many coffee stops.
    As last year all the off road can be avoided, but it is all novice friendly and if dry, road tyres will be ok.
    Be aware your pride and joy will get muddy making you look well knarly when you get back.
    You will pass through, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Teasdale, Weardale, Cumbria and Nothumberland.
    Andy and I will be at the campsite at about 9am, me on triple black gsa, Andy on an yellow 1150 gs.
    Andy and I don't use a complicated drop off system, all we ask is that when we take a turning is that you make sure
    that the person behind you has seen you, this may mean that you have to wait a few seconds until they do.
    Sunday, if it happens, will be shorter and just made up as I go along on the less travelled roads of the area.
    Paul and Andy.
    Thanks Paul

Sounds great ... I'll think about y'all from Whernside as I walk mi dawg

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by adventuredon View Post
    Do we have a start time ? And as I recall petrol is not exactly oa cross the road iirc. Can we arrive and ride on a half tank without upsetting ride captain...😇...

Bloody Hell .... How I didn't run out of petrol last year on JB's ride I don't know ..... !! (and that was coasting in Neutral for the last ten miles where i could ... !)

Reet then.
    So, Saturday.
    Paul and Andy.
    Count me in, i'll be taking the panniers off this time... looking forward to it and thanks to you both (Paul and Andy) for looking after the visitors and giving us a great ride out

Probably the most informative,organised and thorough reply to any query posted on uk gser! Thank you

will we be able to participate in the "gathering" over lunch

http://www.queenshall.co.uk/events/h...gathering-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Magnet View Post
    Nothing fixed yet until after the recce, when i know how long it will take, but will probably be in the region of 9.30 - 10am.

Nearest petrol is at Sedburgh, so I suggest coming in that way and filling up. However, my route goes through Kirkby Stephen fairly early on and there is petrol there if anyone doesn't start with 'a full tank and an empty bladder' (copyright Micky).

Oh, and the road captain is highly strung, don't do anything to upset her
    Okay - a few more details for my Saturday Dales ride. About 150 miles with at least 2 stops, maybe more if I see any suitable photo opportunities. All on road but expect gravel, potholes and cow poo

Visiting Brough, Middleton-in -Teesdale, Leyburn, Coverdale, Kettlewell, Settle, Ribblehead and Hawes.

Will use the drop-off system if the numbers require it, otherwise line of sight (to be sorted out on the day).

I'm on a black 800GS. I suggest meeting at the campsite about 9.45 (to be confirmed) to avoid clashing with Paul's group.

If anyone needs to know anything else - please ask
    Life is short.
    And random.
    That's all you need to know...

Dent 21/22may

Sorry not coming. Going to Normandy battlefields. Try next year. Thanks for making it available, have a great time. Looking at the itinerary you will. I haven't book a camping spot just flagged on the forum.

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Reet then.
    So, Saturday.
    The plan is for a longish ride of close on 200 miles...........................
    I think I'd like to join you for this one Paul.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    I think I'd like to join you for this one Paul.
    Exellent, looking forward to it, just need the weather to be kind to us.

oops ..".Please try and have half a tank of fuel before the off." how big a half tank... will 75 miles to half a tank be be good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by haditlowered View Post
    will we be able to participate in the "gathering" over lunch

http://www.queenshall.co.uk/events/h...gathering-2016
    Will try and get you there in time for the Ceilidh.

oops ..".Please try and have half a tank of fuel before the off." how big a half tank... will 75 miles to half a tank be be good enough?
    how big a half tank.? The top half!!

75 should be fine, just.

I think someone posted locations of petrol stations closest to Dent on last years thread. I can't be arsed to look for it though, maybe someone else will?
    e-bike expert & log burner extraordinaire

I can't be arsed ....

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I can't be arsed ....
    Wait it out Giles, someone will have a look for it. Play the long game.
    e-bike expert & log burner extraordinaire

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast