Rides @ Dent 2016

Update on the Sunday ride for anyone interested. Set off time 9.45am sharp from the campsite. Full tank and some spending money.

6 hours including stops. Includes Buttertubs, Arkengarthdale, Teesdale, Weardale and a few other places.

All road with a bit of gravel in places, one small ford. Lots of sheep, rabbits, pheasants, the odd squirrel and an occasional hare.

Update on the Sunday ride for anyone interested. Set off time 9.45am sharp from the campsite. Full tank and some spending money.

6 hours including stops. Includes Buttertubs, Arkengarthdale, Teesdale, Weardale and a few other places.

All road with a bit of gravel in places, one small ford. Lots of sheep, rabbits, pheasants, the odd squirrel and an occasional hare.

Sounds good, is Fran doing her thing on Sat?

For the benefit of southerners, tea time is in the evening, maybe what you lot refer to as dinner time.

Everyone knows dinner time is at 8, smoking jackets at 10 when the women can retire and pretty themselves for bedroom Olympics at 11.

Okay - a few more details for my Saturday Dales ride. About 150 miles with at least 2 stops, maybe more if I see any suitable photo opportunities. All on road but expect gravel, potholes and cow poo :)

Visiting Brough, Middleton-in -Teesdale, Leyburn, Coverdale, Kettlewell, Settle, Ribblehead and Hawes.

Will use the drop-off system if the numbers require it, otherwise line of sight (to be sorted out on the day).

I'm on a black 800GS. I suggest meeting at the campsite about 9.45 (to be confirmed) to avoid clashing with Paul's group.

If anyone needs to know anything else - please ask :thumb

Yes JB - Saturday ride is on :)

Route recce'd also, about 6 hours - slight change to route as the road through Coverdale to Kettlewell is closed. Second stop is in Settle so choice of cafes and a chance to walk round the town.

There is some petrol about 20 miles into the route at Kirkby Stephen, if anyone needs to fill up there.

Leaving at 9.45 from the campsite entrance :thumb2

So you haven't recced your route ... ????!!

Pfft .... amateur ..... :D

So you haven't recced your route ... ????!!

Pfft .... amateur ..... :D

Not really

We were trail riding up there last weekend, both days & all was ok

Maybe a weekday thing for resurfacing

My route is similar to last year, so you might want to go with Fran

A small ford? O-oh. :blast

Not really

We were trail riding up there last weekend, both days & all was ok

Maybe a weekday thing for resurfacing

My route is similar to last year, so you might want to go with Fran

I'm going on the one that Norfolk Tiger isn't going on ..... :D

Reet then.
At the moment I can only commit to doing a ride on Saturday but may do Sunday if I can get a swap at work.
I will post as soon as I know.
So, Saturday.
I will once again be assisted by my mate Andy as tail end sweeper.
The plan is for a longish ride of close on 200 miles.
The route is very similar to last year with a few changes, including a bit more GS friendly off road.
The tarmac sections vary from flat out fast and twisty to bumpy single track.
We will once again travel far and wide into the wilds of the north of England.
Because of the distance we need to be away as close to 9.30 am as possible.
You most likely will be back at the campsite by around 6pm. Depending on how many coffee stops.
We will be stopping for lunch in Hexham and coffee somewhere else enroute.
Please try and have half a tank of fuel before the off.
As last year all the off road can be avoided, but it is all novice friendly and if dry, road tyres will be ok.
Be aware your pride and joy will get muddy making you look well knarly when you get back.
You will pass through, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Teasdale, Weardale, Cumbria and Nothumberland.
Andy and I will be at the campsite at about 9am, me on triple black gsa, Andy on an yellow 1150 gs.
I will put a sign on my bike so you can find us.
Andy and I don't use a complicated drop off system, all we ask is that when we take a turning is that you make sure
that the person behind you has seen you, this may mean that you have to wait a few seconds until they do.
Sunday, if it happens, will be shorter and just made up as I go along on the less travelled roads of the area.
Paul and Andy.

Couple of changes, Offroad still on but reduced, wet limestone and big bikes are not a good combination. Still some though.
Andy can no longer make it as he became a Grandad earlier this morning.
I can also now do a Sunday ride as got a last minuite swap at work. Or I will happily tail end for someone else.
Paul.

Thanks to all the ride leaders

Paul Nicholls

Magnet

Harry the Cat

Splendid jobs, well done and without drama

Excellent roads and scenery

Until another time.....

Just a few pics from my ride - view from the top of Oxnop Scar, twixt Wensleydale and Swaledale

Attachments

• P1000895.jpg
    P1000895.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 159
  • P1000896.jpg
    P1000896.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 160
  • P1000897.jpg
    P1000897.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 152
Thanks to all the ride leaders

Paul Nicholls

Magnet

Harry the Cat

Splendid jobs, well done and without drama

Excellent roads and scenery

Until another time......

No problem, enjoyed it and by special request will be repeating next year :)

Back
Top Bottom