Rides @ Dent 2016

you know me... i like a bit of off road... Last years ride was brilliant - aside from the pannier flying off in the forest of course, but all in a days ride.

Now that's an impressive crash. How long did it take them to dig you out?:D

So, Rides will be -

Magnet & HTCat - leading and tailending - Sat to Dales

HTCat & Magnet - leading and tailending - Sunday to Northern Dales & Pennines

Paul Nichols - Sat & Sun

Myself - similar route as last year - Sat

Any other leaders want to lead?

Or you can do your own thing

So, Rides will be -

Magnet & HTCat - leading and tailending - Sat

Paul Nichols - Sat & Sun

Are you ignoring our Sunday ride to the Northern Dales? HTC and Magnet with roles reversed.

My ride choice will be at very short notice, depending on my state of compos mentisness (if there's such a word) when I arise from my pit.:friday:sleep

So, Rides will be -

Magnet & HTCat - leading and tailending - Sat to Dales

HTCat & Magnet - leading and tailending - Sunday to Northern Dales & Pennines

Paul Nichols - Sat & Sun

Going up Tuesday to do a final recce/sort out cafes etc. Forecast looks a bit damp and cool to say the least :comfort

Do we have a start time ? And as I recall petrol is not exactly oa cross the road iirc. Can we arrive and ride on a half tank without upsetting ride captain...😇

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do we have a start time ? And as I recall petrol is not exactly oa cross the road iirc. Can we arrive and ride on a half tank without upsetting ride captain...😇

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nothing fixed yet until after the recce, when i know how long it will take, but will probably be in the region of 9.30 - 10am.

Nearest petrol is at Sedburgh, so I suggest coming in that way and filling up. However, my route goes through Kirkby Stephen fairly early on and there is petrol there if anyone doesn't start with 'a full tank and an empty bladder' (copyright Micky).

Oh, and the road captain is highly strung, don't do anything to upset her :D

i'm planning
Paul Nichols - Sat, and SHMBO has just this minute given the OK for me to stay for Sunday too so...

if the bike's in one piece after the ride with Paul on Sat i might tag on with
HTCat & Magnet - leading and tailending - Sunday to Northern Dales & Pennines :thumb2

Rides.

Reet then.
At the moment I can only commit to doing a ride on Saturday but may do Sunday if I can get a swap at work.
I will post as soon as I know.
So, Saturday.
I will once again be assisted by my mate Andy as tail end sweeper.
The plan is for a longish ride of close on 200 miles.
The route is very similar to last year with a few changes, including a bit more GS friendly off road.
The tarmac sections vary from flat out fast and twisty to bumpy single track.
We will once again travel far and wide into the wilds of the north of England.
Because of the distance we need to be away as close to 9.30 am as possible.
You most likely will be back at the campsite by around 6pm. Depending on how many coffee stops.
We will be stopping for lunch in Hexham and coffee somewhere else enroute.
Please try and have half a tank of fuel before the off.
As last year all the off road can be avoided, but it is all novice friendly and if dry, road tyres will be ok.
Be aware your pride and joy will get muddy making you look well knarly when you get back.
You will pass through, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Teasdale, Weardale, Cumbria and Nothumberland.
Andy and I will be at the campsite at about 9am, me on triple black gsa, Andy on an yellow 1150 gs.
I will put a sign on my bike so you can find us.
Andy and I don't use a complicated drop off system, all we ask is that when we take a turning is that you make sure
that the person behind you has seen you, this may mean that you have to wait a few seconds until they do.
Sunday, if it happens, will be shorter and just made up as I go along on the less travelled roads of the area.
Paul and Andy.

Reet then.
At the moment I can only commit to doing a ride on Saturday but may do Sunday if I can get a swap at work.
So, Saturday.
The route is very similar to last year with a few changes, including a bit more GS friendly off road.
You most likely will be back at the campsite by around 6pm. Depending on how many coffee stops.
As last year all the off road can be avoided, but it is all novice friendly and if dry, road tyres will be ok.
Be aware your pride and joy will get muddy making you look well knarly when you get back.
You will pass through, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Teasdale, Weardale, Cumbria and Nothumberland.
Andy and I will be at the campsite at about 9am, me on triple black gsa, Andy on an yellow 1150 gs.
Andy and I don't use a complicated drop off system, all we ask is that when we take a turning is that you make sure
that the person behind you has seen you, this may mean that you have to wait a few seconds until they do.
Sunday, if it happens, will be shorter and just made up as I go along on the less travelled roads of the area.
Paul and Andy.

Thanks Paul :thumby:

Sounds great ... I'll think about y'all from Whernside as I walk mi dawg :D

:beerjug:

Do we have a start time ? And as I recall petrol is not exactly oa cross the road iirc. Can we arrive and ride on a half tank without upsetting ride captain...😇...

Bloody Hell .... How I didn't run out of petrol last year on JB's ride I don't know ..... !! (and that was coasting in Neutral for the last ten miles where i could ... !)

Reet then.
So, Saturday.
Paul and Andy.

Count me in, i'll be taking the panniers off this time... looking forward to it and thanks to you both (Paul and Andy) for looking after the visitors and giving us a great ride out :thumb2:thumb2

Nothing fixed yet until after the recce, when i know how long it will take, but will probably be in the region of 9.30 - 10am.

Nearest petrol is at Sedburgh, so I suggest coming in that way and filling up. However, my route goes through Kirkby Stephen fairly early on and there is petrol there if anyone doesn't start with 'a full tank and an empty bladder' (copyright Micky).

Oh, and the road captain is highly strung, don't do anything to upset her :D

Okay - a few more details for my Saturday Dales ride. About 150 miles with at least 2 stops, maybe more if I see any suitable photo opportunities. All on road but expect gravel, potholes and cow poo :)

Visiting Brough, Middleton-in -Teesdale, Leyburn, Coverdale, Kettlewell, Settle, Ribblehead and Hawes.

Will use the drop-off system if the numbers require it, otherwise line of sight (to be sorted out on the day).

I'm on a black 800GS. I suggest meeting at the campsite about 9.45 (to be confirmed) to avoid clashing with Paul's group.

If anyone needs to know anything else - please ask :thumb

Dent 21/22may

Sorry not coming. Going to Normandy battlefields. Try next year. Thanks for making it available, have a great time. Looking at the itinerary you will. I haven't book a camping spot just flagged on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom