525 fuel tank range

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
Hi all,quick question,
Just about got my new to me 04 525 exc ready to go,
Serviced,forks/ shock resprung,chain and sprockets etc.
What sort of range can I expect on a full tank,9.5 litres?
I have got too used to having 25 litres on board at the start of the day:D:D
I am no enduro God so I don't expect to be thrashing it:blast

Both my 525's had the bigger 13 ? litre tank of the XC/MXC it could 140 miles on a tank full :clap

KTM%20525XC_zps8ligiqmv.jpg

The XC came with a cooling fan as standard fit but I think (from memory) the seat was slightly different? although I have heard people tell of making the standard EXC seat fit :thumb2

One of the many good things about the bigger tank is that they also protect the radiators in the event of an off :clap

KTM%20525XC1_zpstu3vqrh5.jpg

The XC came with a cooling fan as standard fit but I think (from memory) the seat was slightly different? although I have heard people tell of making the standard EXC seat fit :thumb2

One of the many good things about the bigger tank is that they also protect the radiators in the event of an off :clap

KTM%20525XC1_zpstu3vqrh5.jpg
May have to keep an eye on eBay:thumb

15.5L and good for 220mioes and some more if it's just back lane and green lanes - the wonders of fuel injection

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 233
15.5L and good for 220mioes and some more if it's just back lane and green lanes - the wonders of fuel injection

What tank is that wreford?
Another question for the collective,gearing
I ordered standard 15 /45 sprockets for the bike as it had 14 /52 on it when I bought it
First impressions on the gearing already fitted ,bit low maybe?
I have bottled it on the standard ratio as I recon it would be geared for over a ton!!
So ordered a 14 front and fitted a 50 rear that came with the bike (new)
About right do you recon?

On the lost dog rally @ the HR this year, I wasn't hanging about and got 86 miles out of the 400 Exc 9.5 L tank and then had to switch to the tablespoon reserve.

I've got a 14T front & 50T rear and it's spot on...for me anyway :D

Thanks for all the advice guys,
This bike is a world away from from what I've spent the last ten years riding!
Really looking forward to some play time
Just want to get it all sorted first.
It was set up for an 18 stone rider,I rode it over a rough paddock after buying then pulled it apart:blast
Springing was way too hard ,no static sag at all!,lower shock pivot bearing was seized,,valves clearances were a little tight,that's about it really.
Paid 2.5k sold the super moto wheels for £500 spent @ the same sorting suspension ,and consumables,sorted:clap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 162

Back
Top Bottom