Independent service for BMW

boatman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks
Any knowledge about a good independent BMW service tech ??
I need bike prepped for a big trip and would prefer to go to a smaller outfit rather than the bigger main dealer service shops where the bike disappears then re appears with a large invoice for not a lot of work :D

Big trip, sounds fun. Anywhere nice?
Heading Stateside with Sgt Bilco of this parish, going on both his trips
Anchorage Alaska ,round about then down to California. Then second trip about 3 weeks out to Moab ,etc etc a fair wee haul

Yer a long time deid :rob :D

Sounds most excellent. Kick the tyres, check the oil, should be ok! Have a great time, sure you will :)

I have recently used Keith Garage for both my bikes (03 Mamola Rep and 2010 TC GSA). The mechanic there is BMW trained and is very good. They are also very well priced.

Hi folks
. . . rather than the bigger main dealer service shops where the bike disappears then re appears with a large invoice for not a lot of work :D

Just home from local main dealer who was looking at rumbling bearings on my good lady's Mini today. I'll paraphrase the mid-morning phone call, "Your front brake pads are knackered. Will we just pop some new ones in while we've got the car apart?"
Stupid me said OK, so we just got one of those large invoices along with a free front left wheel bearing.

Plus 1 for Keith Garage, just had a lot of work done on my 2010 TC, they know these bikes very well, good customer service and less that half the labour costs of a stealer. Will not be using my local stealer again (Harry Fairbarns) no customer service nor bike mechanic, but heard a rumour today the Latvian guy was back. But will certainly use Keith in the future.

Theres a guy Stiggy Motorsport in Kilmarnock, he runs kart teams, Im sure he used to be a BMW tech etc........ he has been looking after my bikes for a while, he is shit hot.

hi, have you tried steve smith? used to work at dalkeith, hes starting up on his own and is highly recommended by quite a few people. doesn't have a garage yet but will work on your bikes at your home so you don't need to travel and guaranteed to do a fab job on your bikes :)
:thumb2

Heading Stateside with Sgt Bilco of this parish, going on both his trips
Anchorage Alaska ,round about then down to California. Then second trip about 3 weeks out to Moab ,etc etc a fair wee haul

Yer a long time deid :rob :D

Ya bugger!!! Sounds great :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom