Klim glove advice...

Cymru-Dave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Week before last I purchased a Klim Badlands Pro jacket (older model but heavily reduced), it's a fantastic jacket, but now I could do with some gloves, I've seen the Klim Element Short gloves and just wondering if they would go with the jacket I have, what I mean is the short ones I assume would go inside the cuff of the jacket, does this mean the weathe will come in or will it stand up to it? The long gloves are just so much more money I don't know if it's worth it.

I've worn the element short gloves for a couple of years. They're the second best I've ever had - weather-proof, comfortable, well-made etc. No issues with the shortness.

And the best pair...

...Rukka Apollo. Same, only better.

The short element glove is excellent, just don't forget to use the thumb loop inner cuff in bad weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rukka Apollo are great gloves but no good with a Klim badlands as the cuffs are such a pain, I know i tried them

As above the element short glove are superb and work well with the badlands and are my favourite gloves but any top end short cuff glove will be good !

I've the Element short and Badlands.

For me anyway the glove is too short to go under sleeve.

The looped cuff will get wet and wick water up your arm if it rains for long enough.

I use Rain Off over mits and a Rooster seals the neck.

Is the Element glove a proper 'warm' winter glove or just water proof? I do like the look of it as so few winter gloves have decent armour/protection but I want something to keep me toasty warm as well as dry.

Andres

Is the Element glove a proper 'warm' winter glove or just water proof? I do like the look of it as so few winter gloves have decent armour/protection but I want something to keep me toasty warm as well as dry.

Andres

I haven't found them really toasty. They're ok for me through Autumn and Spring. In the deep winter, I wear Klim Powercrossa - less protection but very warm and waterproof...

I use these with Klim jackets as they fit under the sleeve warm, comfy, waterproof and not too expensive.

On my second pair now and they get hammered trail riding as well as road use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lindstran...hash=item542600f2d0:m:m2bWUX-MI2XWUdmaniqDn7g

$_57.JPG

Andres
As said they are not super warm but I have a hand/temp problem anyway they are comfy and i manage with heated grips and barkbuster blizzards

I use these with Klim jackets as they fit under the sleeve warm, comfy, waterproof and not too expensive.

On my second pair now and they get hammered trail riding as well as road use.

I like the look of those a lot, likewise they will get good and muddy. As Katie has heated grips & muffs - these are needed for the Husky. Anyways, I've ordered a pair :)

Andres

I like the look of those a lot, likewise they will get good and muddy. As Katie has heated grips & muffs - these are needed for the Husky. Anyways, I've ordered a pair :)

Andres

I have heated grips on the 'Berg, powered from the dip beam :thumb

Back
Top Bottom