Test Rode the K1600GT Yesterday

Looking forward to that series of posts, bet it'll be a bit more animated! Some say it's quite viby around 70 in top...

Looking forward to that series of posts, bet it'll be a bit more animated! Some say it's quite viby around 70 in top...

It isnt the speed as much as the revs
mine is a bit vibey at 4800 to 5200 and getting better with miles so as long as you are not cruising in that rev range it isnt a problem and if you are then it isnt the bike for you any way as it goes through that 400 revs in the blink of an eye

mine is a bit vibey at 4800 to 5200 and getting better with miles so as long as you are not cruising in that rev range it isnt a problem and if you are then it isnt the bike for you any way as it goes through that 400 revs in the blink of an eye

Thanks. The blink of an eye might be a tad quick for me but I'm still looking forward to seeing what BM thinks of it.

So, having taken the 1600 down most of the main roads of Essex, when are you going to really hoon it down some of the smaller ones?

It's a marvellous bike.

The latest version has improved over the first 2011 bikes as they appear to have fixed the:

Pull to the left

The egg beater effect

And hopefully the bit dodgy switchgear and faulty water pumps / radiator caps

.... I doubt if they have fixed the crap that will accumulate in the large radiator's lower area, but hey-ho, a small price to pay on an (expensive) bike to buy and own. Anyone considering one, might like to look at a secondhand bike from say 2014. You'll get a lot of bike to enjoy; trust me.

It's a marvellous bike.

The latest version has improved over the first 2011 bikes as they appear to have fixed the:

Pull to the left

The egg beater effect

And hopefully the bit dodgy switchgear and faulty water pumps / radiator caps

.... I doubt if they have fixed the crap that will accumulate in the large radiator's lower area, but hey-ho, a small price to pay on an (expensive) bike to buy and own. Anyone considering one, might like to look at a secondhand bike from say 2014. You'll get a lot of bike to enjoy; trust me.

The one I rode had no pull to the left and no "egg beater", the gears were a bit clunky but apparently much quieter than the early models.
to answer your other question I took round Burnham Bents twice than just ran out of time.

The dealer I spoke to said that they are expecting a recall on the XR because of the vibe issue. Have you hers anything?

I've heard that anyone who fitted bar end weights to their XR is going to have their claim rejected, their eyes plucked out and their bike crushed by an elephant.

The dealer I spoke to said that they are expecting a recall on the XR because of the vibe issue. Have you hers anything?

No i have heard diddly squat !

I've heard that anyone who fitted bar end weights to their XR is going to have their claim rejected, their eyes plucked out and their bike crushed by an elephant.

Nutty will be ok as he is having a passionate love affair with his dealer wears spectacles and elephants are not quite as fast (KTM owners may have a problem )

:jes:jes:jes

Back
Top Bottom