AirHead Drag Bike

Chris

Never got told that MCN was doing this artical even spoke to the guys at Built to find out how it happened and it looks like they share stories when they want them so it's a win win for Velocity....

I was sure you knew about it, that's why i didn't call you etc! After all, it's very unusual to have an article published about one's bike without even knowing about it!

Just to let Boxertricks & Rob Famer know - I haven't forgot you both and now work has calmed down...... I will try to get in touch this week.

Glemseck trip - route planned hotels booked the whole nine yards so its just a waiting game now, there is a sprint at WestonZoyland August 5/6th but I haven't seen an application form yet so need to chase this up if were going to make it.

Hi Boxertricks spoke to Rob Farmer today and he has offered to post the drive shaft with the swing arm as I understand you not far from each other. if your happy to drop me your best contact number hopefully I can start to move this forward if your on FB you could message me. ?

Hi Boxertricks

I had a text from Rob to say he now has the drive shaft many thanks again - can't promise its going to stay as BMW intended but hope to give it a good home all the same....

Less than 2 weeks to Glemseck 101 getting excited...

Glemseck 101

When I look back at this thread the long team goal was to have fun and do some rounds of the Sultans of Sprint drag race series and the main event and last round was Glemseck. So lots of boxes ticked and 1200miles round Europe to Germany over this weekend has been another great experience. We split the trip into what seemed easy bites, Southampton to Eurotunnel than stay over night in Remagen - then down to Leonburg and Glemseck 101 which is the name of the Hotel that sits on this site. We stayed for 3 nights just outside of the venue and drove in leaving Velocity parked in the Sultans tent Friday night. Race day was Saturday and we were due to race from 3.00 but at 2.50 the heavens opened and we were delayed as the sun burnt off the moisture by 3.45 if was all systems go.
There were 22 bikes entered and so 6 quali rounds mine was to be 4th against Krautmotors No5, we had one practice run smoked him and came back to take the actual run.... lost by a wheel having missed a gear - that's how it goes... Krautmotors went on to come 5th so fair play to him. Long way to go for 2 runs a things could have been much different... We had a great time and always made welcome and plenty of banter and interesting people, on the Sunday we had a chance to watch the racing from the seating to the side of road and this gave a very different perspective that up close and personnel with a race suit on - far more relaxed.
The plan is to do it all again next year but hopefully with a bit more success and a few chosen mods to the bike, from what I saw Nos is almost a given if you want to be competitive or forced induction which if I am honest I wanted to keep clear of, the RM motor has performed faultlessly and he has always been a phone call away if I needed any info, we have discussed some options for next year but the piggy bank needs some love..
Thanks to everyone on the fourm who has taken the time to follow this journey

Just wanted to say a big thanks to both Boxertricks and Rob Farmer

Turns out both have now offered up the swingarm ( Rob ) and drive shaft ( Boxer ) and posted them ( Rob ) all for free.

Absolute top guys can't thank both enough. :D

So its been a while not much has happen on Velocity Baby but we have branched out and now selling T shirts to sort of promote the bike if your interested this is the design https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...987711.-2207520000.1509398641.&type=3&theater - please form an orderly line.........

Project Stealth has hit the skids so to speak and has been overtaken on the work bench by a Norton featherbed race bike build but its time will come - soon I hope.

Seems a long time till April and the next Drag race season but can't wait to get out there and do it all again. https://www.facebook.com/marcholste...0013406987711/690352101163220/?type=3&theater

Happy New year to you all - hope Santa brought you all that you wanted..

For anyone who's not yet bored to death with VB its just been featured in this month's Back Street Heroes, the article was shot at Westonzoyland back in the summer. Turned out to have a fairly strong cross wind that day so fairing ended up being removed for the afternoon session, very strange feeling when your leaning at what seems like a fair angle when the wind drops......

In other news if you have been following the press MCN are planning to return to Alexanders Palace for a bike show in September 2018 ? and included they plan to run an indoor Drag Race ! sounds like the run off area could be an issue for my drum brakes but my names on the list if it goes ahead, further updates to follow...

Woke up this morning to find a feature in "Pipeburn" all about one of those lovely photographers I mentioned previously "Christina Gabler " well "Pipeburn" thought it was time to recognise here sterling work and they only used "Velocity Baby" for the cover shot....

If you have never read "Pipeburn" check out the link.

http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2018/02/04/moto-photos-christine-gabler.html

Good stuff:thumb2

Hope you are doing some serious prep for the upcoming season......!

Hi Solid

Well its underneath a warm blanket in the garage and the fairing is toasty inside the house, there is a list but a few things have gotten in front...... Drag racing central has never been so busy but other than a R Nine T which needs to be sold when the weather gets a bit warmer no BMW action yet... The drag bike is due a few maintenance items - oil change, new fuel pipe - so far the 102 fuel just makes it brittle this will be the 3rd change out !!! few tweaks on gear change position, bit more clearance between front wheel and fairing - you need a minimum of 20 to comply with the rules but boy its a pain not having something approaching a decent amount of lock. Getting excited just thinking about it...

Busy weekend - Displayed Velocity at this years Bike Life Classic Sunday really good turn out and Monday took a trip to Cassington Bike Night just outside of Oxford with Velocity - if you have never been an event to add to the list super hot both days.

As way of updates we have set up "Shed Hot Customs TV" on YouTube with some nice videos including action from Bike life classics including running up a Moto Guzzi V8.

We have also been invited to the Seven Oaks Motorcycle Show on 11th August check out the details - https://www.facebook.com/events/204683730329794/ come and say hello if you go.

Back
Top Bottom