Alternative Wheels

tuftywhite

getting away with it so far!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear Collective,

I'm looking for a bit of wisdom regarding wheels.

I have my lovely Beta Alp 4.0 which has two wheels. Currently I have MT43 trials tyres on it because I attend (sometimes) long distance trials which dictate that I need trials tyres.

It came with MT21 tyres which I still have unused (and haven't managed to sell) which got me thinking. If I want to go bimbling around some lanes, I'd rather have the MT21s on the bike and save the trials tyres for the trials, as they wear out a bit quick for general use. I did the 1st rear in about 1000 miles.

Now, I have the hands of a work shy office worker so I'm not going to be regularly changing tyres manually. Nor am I going to try Mikeyboy's patience by popping over to his workshop every time I want my tyres changing.

I thought, how about a spare set of wheels. Even with a few months training, I should be able to learn how to change the wheels.

The question for the collective wisdom is, what wheels, where from, how much, I really don't need them to be competition spec, but some nice wheels that I can justify the cost of.

I appreciate I'll need disks, rim locks and a sprocket as well.

Discuss.

Thanks in advance.

....ok let's apply so logic to this

You do what 3 LDT a year
You'll know about these in advance
Get the MT 21's re fitted and between now and the next LDT buy some decent levers and a bead buddy

Chances are that Beta will use aftermarket hubs with Morad rims (probably AJP hubs) , same as Gas Gas ,CCM, some Husky's etc etc do some digging online and pick up a cheap set of used wheels to fit the offroad tyres (then no worry about scratching the rims) , keep the originals for everyday use

You can count me in on this of that's okay please? I'm happy to practice on Tufty's wheels. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom