Triumph Bonneville 1964.

Sorry, the '64 is not for sale but this heart-achingly beautiful 1966 T120R is now reluctantly available. Thought I'd show it to you guys here before I put it on the open market.

dsc_0003.jpg

dsc_0008.jpg

Price on application, but bear in mind you have to wait 3-4 years if you want Hugh Brown to build one like this for you. If you don't want this bike, you don't want a '60s unit Bonnie. Simply put, there are just none better. It will likely take a while to sell but it looks great in my living room until that dark day arrives.

Id also like to know the price, assuming it's for sale, as PMs not permitted.

Sold I'm afraid.

Apologies for not responding earlier, but I don't seem to get to visit here so often these days.

End of year standing start 1 mile at Elvington with a best time of 116.9mph for the 1964. It was revving out in top and could easily have pulled taller gearing. Hugh Brown certainly knows how to build an engine!

Fabulous.:clap

So what was the price? Why the fekkin secrecy? The ad no longer has the price or details onnit.

Someone P.M me the price please.

Fabulous.:clap

So what was the price? Why the fekkin secrecy? The ad no longer has the price or details onnit.

Someone P.M me the price please.

If you do ever find out the secret price please could you PM me with the price. I know it's sold but I'd like to know what a good clean bike goes for. I would not have bought this one because the refusal to state a price or subscribe to respond to genuine potential buyers puts me off.

Hi Joe
Sorry for any confusion but the 1966 bike was never advertised here but on the car and classic web site. I wouldn't subscribe to advertise a classic Triumph on a BMW GS website but I do know that people are interested and was happy to post pics and have a laugh about it. At the time it was no secret at all that the bike was advertised for £14950 IIRC and the price was displayed prominently on the advert along with all my contact details. The price certainly raised a few eyebrows, "no shit Sherlock" made me laugh in particular! I think this is absolutely top-dollar for one of these but the price seems to have been removed from the advert after it was sold. I have no idea why and it is not helpful. However, I do believe that the final sale price is a private matter between the buyer and myself. I would say that I was not in a hurry to sell and that I was very happy with the result. If someone is prepared to fly in from Germany to view a bike you can tell they are a serious buyer and I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions. I certainly had no intention of being mysterious or evasive.

As with any old bike, take care when buying and do as much research as you can about the particular bike's history and the work that has or has not been done. Like any other, they can be a money pit but at least most parts are easy enough to come by. Ultimately, there isn't any way of knowing whether things like the sludge trap have been sorted unless you have done it yourself. Originality isn't that important unless the seller is demanding big bucks in which case I would want everything correct. I'm keeping an eye out for a unit construction Trophy or TR6 for my brother at the moment and there are some rough looking examples out there.

Back
Top Bottom