Iceland Adventure 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlings1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Timolgra and I will be running Two Adventure OFF ROAD trips to Iceland July 2016.
The routes we use will take you into the wilderness on gravel and dirt tracks.
Through rugged mountains,lush green valleys,into the black dessert,across lava fields.

This is a 10 day camping tour.

The cost is £1200, included is shipping bike UK - Iceland - UK all temporary import export and HM Customs paperwork, 10 days guiding.

Other cost
Return Flights approx £150.00
Camping approx £15.00 per night
Food
Fuel for bike

First Trip 1st - 11th July Fully Booked
Second Trip Mid July dates to be confirmed
Suitable for all adventure bike with a minimum 20lt fuel capacity

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,092
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,102
What sort of range do you need fuel wise?

As long as you have minimum 200 miles you 'should' be ok, I'm saying 'should' since lets say we cover 100 miles of a 160 mile route only to find the way shut for some reason ... you still need to get back :D

Of course you could always get a 5l container for that bit extra if needed:beerjug:

As long as you have minimum 200 miles you 'should' be ok, I'm saying 'should' since lets say we cover 100 miles of a 160 mile route only to find the way shut for some reason ... you still need to get back :D

Of course you could always get a 5l container for that bit extra if needed:beerjug:

An amazing trip ICELAND ROCKS ! I went with Mark last year, real eyeopner, loved the food and culture of this country

Oh I took that photo of riders above :thumb2

What level of ability would you need for this, guys?
Would a GSA with lardy boy pilot and limited off road experience be up for the task ?

Oh, and where do you ship the bikes from?
They're starting direct flights from Aberdeen to Iceland next year and I really fancy a bike trip there.
If not up for the whole rufty tufty off roading, perhaps I could partake of the shipping?

Would a GSA with lardy boy pilot and limited off road experience be up for the task ?

They're starting direct flights from Aberdeen to Iceland next year and I really fancy a bike trip there.
If not up for the whole rufty tufty off roading, perhaps I could partake of the shipping?

Most of the gravel roads aren't particularly technical at all, the more difficult parts tend to be river crossings which require some confidence although there are many unsealed roads which are quite simple to ride.
In your shoes if I fancied it and had little relevant experience, I'd consider using the months ahead to become more comfortable.

The bikes ship out of Immingham.
Mark's sorting the logistics so don't wish to speak out of turn but there's always scope for some to bail out of any sections they're not happy with and ride round.

:beerjug:

Guy by the name of Jason was on the trip back in July, riding 1150 GSA very little off road experance he did fantastic even with some scary river crossing

The dates for the second trip are as follows.
Collect bikes in Iceland 21st July ride for ten days
Fly back to UK on 31st July.
Limited places aviliable

Excellent. If you have any kit list to share pls do ping it over as some of the camping stores are doing Black Friday deals.. I need gadgets and toys and lots of them.

Me
Tim
Kurienp
Apw
Joe
Button
Waiting for 3 others to confirm

Hi Mark,

Emailed you regarding shipping dates from Immingham, not sure if you got it as I'm away at the moment with intermittent wi-fi. If you get a chance could you let me know outbound and inbound dates to get the bike to and from Immingham?

Thanks and hope to confirm ASAP

Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom