Are you old enough for a GS?

bought mine when I was 41..had it 5 years. Yes, I feel young when I take my lid off! Younger when I am the only one (bar Nutty) sitting round a GS meetup fire at 12am...and the others are all in wobbly boxes!

52 this end on my second gsa but did have a flutter with a blackbird between the two
I just like the relaxed ridding position and I can see over the hedges:rob

I’m going to attempt for the youngest gser then, I’m 27 now and have owned it for nearly 4 years, hence 23 when I bought it, ive also done a good 30k+ miles around Europe on my own :thumby:

Is there a prize?

Regards,
Someone who is now probably unpopular

im 28 bought be gs at 27. i thing the age thing is aload of rubbish

55. Had a gs many years ago. Suzuki. First real gs when the 1200 came out. Was that in 04? JJH

25. But i decided i wanted a GS when i tried my uncles '10 plate GSA 4 years ago.

I now own an '09 1200GSA.

Some younguns here

6a2548bd39f992009b79f23500d10a87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

39 here but it's only my second bike. I passed my test in November but didn't want a sports bike, I'm more interested in touring in comfort.
Also, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not but watching Charley and Ewan is what made me want to ride

I was 28 when I got my first GS. It was a 1yr old R80GS Bumblebee and I ran that for 8yrs before getting an 1150 in 2001. I still have the 1150 and turned 50 last September... OMG, I feel so old, now :)

I'll turn 35 this Saturday. Bought my GSA in September. It was one of the bikes on my bucket list. Another factor was being sick of feeling like I was riding bikes designed for hobbits (I'm 6'5).I was also looking for a bike to do some trips on with my old man before he decides he's too old and hangs up the riding gear.

I couldn't give a damn what stereotypes exist re age. Ride whatever makes you happy. The next few bikes on my bucket list are a Harley (probably a Dyna Super Glide), a Ducati 996...and I'm still trying to convince a mate to let me have his 1974 T150 Trident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70 years old and just swapped my 2014 GSA with 33,000 miles on it for another GSA TE. No idea how the miles added up so damn quick 😀

When I bought my first 'big Traillie' (XL600) I was around 23/4 and that style of bike was ridden mostly by younger riders. I was 34 by the time I could afford a BMW R1100gs and I've had it ever since - I'm 52 :thumby:

I'm not but my body struggles a bit

Just read the new members introduction site and new member from Doncaster Bucko 1340 says he is 61 years old. This got me thinking about the age range of GS owners and whether it really is an old mans bike (sorry that's sexist.....mature riders bike). I'm new to GS ownership this year via a K100RT and R1100S and one of the main reasons for buying my 2007 1200GS was its relaxed riding position for my ageing body. I notice at biker cafes that a lot of GS owners are more mature riders.......so, is it a bike for oldies? And how old are you?

Alan

52, so under average age. When I'm whizzing along, I'm fine and am about 28 in my head. The ride position does suit gentlemen of a certain age. When I'm stopped on uneven ground or moving my 1994 R1100 in and out the shed, humping it on and off the centre stand I'm old again. Can't part with it though, so will carry on as long as I physically can.

TBH I don't think the type of bike makes much difference. Riding bikes is an older (wo)man's game these days.
Look at the car park at any bike meet and most are 40+, regardless of bike.
Most younger people do it because its what their family do. "Fresh Blood" is very few and far between.
Nobody does it because its the cheap and readily available transport it once was.

Back
Top Bottom