Are you old enough for a GS?

Got my first GS in 2011 aged 47, now 51 so still below average

37 and on my 3rd, been through the 1100, 1150 and now a new 1200WC, can't beat it as an all rounder.

I had my first BMW at 30 in 1999 (R850R piece of crap), but my first GS at 40. I was definitely too young for my RT in 2012-2014 and my GS LC made me feel about 10 years younger :thumby:

First BMW at 24, ex plod R80, lots of piss taking from mates! Many more since, GSes since 2011, never looked back!

I had my first BMW at 30 in 1999 (R850R piece of crap), but my first GS at 40. I was definitely too young for my RT in 2012-2014 and my GS LC made me feel about 10 years younger :thumby:

Sven... you don't "just feel it" ...Its reality.

Some Japanese academics undertook research about "ageing" and motorcycling. They found those that rode bikes into their 50's and 60's had better skills, sharper minds and "increased wellbeing" when compared to the control group.

A cut/paste; Scientists believe that the extra concentration needed to successfully operate a motorcycle can contribute to higher general levels of brain function, and it’s that increase in activity that’s surely a contributing factor to the appeal of the motorcycles as transportation. It’s the way a ride on a bike turns the simplest journey into a challenge to the senses that sets the motorcyclist apart from the everyday commuter. While the typical car-owning motorist is just transporting him or her self from point A to point B, the motorcyclist is actually transported into an entirely different state of consciousness .

Ride ...its good for you !

Back
Top Bottom