Garmin Zumo 590 versus Tom Tom Rider 400 - Ride magazine this month

Wapping

Reaction score
The answer:

If you own a PC, want a good device that doesn't get you lost but you don't want to do too much route planning of your own (ie you are happy for the device to do it all for you) then buy the Tom Tom

If you own a Mac, want to plot your own routes and want a reliable device, then buy the Garmin

Simple as that.

They are a bit behind the times re Tom Tom and PCs, there is now a "MyRoute App" that operates on Mobiles, tablets etc. - Andriod and iOS.

Tried it out and it does indeed work from my tablet. http://www.myrouteapp.com/

The answer:

If you own a PC, want a good device that doesn't get you lost but you don't want to do too much route planning of your own (ie you are happy for the device to do it all for you) then buy the Tom Tom

If you own a Mac, want to plot your own routes and want a reliable device, then buy the Garmin

Simple as that.

Thank you, :thumby:

simple me

The answer:

Simple as that.

Well this simple answer made my mind up as I was looking between the 590lm or the new tomtom 410, I have a mac and did prefer the garmin

Back
Top Bottom