Panniers - Marmite?

I used ventura on my CB1300 and it was really good apart from it leaking, the zip breaking and all the colour bleaching out..........

Actually, it was shite :D but its all subjective.

Pleased the BMW stuff sounds good, not that I will be buying it - I`m likely to use those Ortleib throwover bags which look really good and I suspect very waterproof :thumb2

Ventura looks good on a 'racier' bike such as the XR (imho). I used it on my Suzuki GSXR when I went down to Rome. It can leak thru the zips, so sticking your gear in bin bags and/or using the storm cover are advisable esp if you're hitting torrential rain, which often happens on the continent.

Ventura looks good on a 'racier' bike such as the XR (imho). I used it on my Suzuki GSXR when I went down to Rome. It can leak thru the zips, so sticking your gear in bin bags and/or using the storm cover are advisable esp if you're hitting torrential rain, which often happens on the continent.

Yeah I agree with that and the thicker the better

eye of the beholder............

I`m sure the BMW panniers are great, as everyone says, but its very subjective IMHO.

But as for looks............ (all it needs now is a Givi topbox :blast)

23147713826_56a919c6d8_c.jpg
[/url]76EqxY6 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think they look much better than your sandwich box.At least they seem to belong to the bike.

I agree with you and that's saying something coz panners look awful on the XR `period`, but that's only my humble opinion of course!

Its like putting a top box on an S1000RR................

...and it's not like the bike is much of a looker in the first place.

wow serious example of `subjective opinions` - I sure as hell ain`t going to disagree with you (life`s too short and I`ve seen unpleasant things happen on forums, opinions are like ar*eholes etc) but I will say that IMHO the bike (without panniers from anywhere) looks absolutely stunning, I love the looks nearly as much as I love the performance. But also respect everyone else`s opinion!

I`m sure you have good reason, I take it you don`t have one fella? Izzit the styling for you then?

Yeahbut... just supposing, you actually want to go somewhere.. I know, bear with me here.. and want to take stuff with you like.. I dunno, a tent? clothes? shopping even..

Or do you get your man to take everything in the Range Rover.

Yeahbut... just supposing, you actually want to go somewhere.. I know, bear with me here.. and want to take stuff with you like.. I dunno, a tent? clothes? shopping even..

well I guess Nuts would :D

wow serious example of `subjective opinions` - I sure as hell ain`t going to disagree with you (life`s too short and I`ve seen unpleasant things happen on forums, opinions are like ar*eholes etc) but I will say that IMHO the bike (without panniers from anywhere) looks absolutely stunning, I love the looks nearly as much as I love the performance. But also respect everyone else`s opinion!

I`m sure you have good reason, I take it you don`t have one fella? Izzit the styling for you then?

I liked the look in the early pics, then I saw one in the flesh and the liking vanished. Seen them since, they're OK, I'm sure they're a great bike and that but the styling leaves me cold. The snouts too long and they have that "made from odd bits" look that BMW seem to have adopted.

I don't have one, don't want one. They look ok, but meh.

I liked the look in the early pics, then I saw one in the flesh and the liking vanished. Seen them since, they're OK, I'm sure they're a great bike and that but the styling leaves me cold. The snouts too long and they have that "made from odd bits" look that BMW seem to have adopted.

I don't have one, don't want one. They look ok, but meh.

Ah I see fella. I guess its not everyone`s `cup of tea`

ride safe :thumb2

Kreiga luggage looks fine on this bike, and will do the job for a fraction of the price.

Nuts, don`t forget beauty is in the eye of the beholder mate :rob

(but it does look like its fallen out of the ugly tree...............:D)

Only joking of course!

I'm not joking. The 1190 is one of the ugliest bikes on the road today.:D

Back
Top Bottom