Panniers - Marmite?

Those back boxes look ok, esp compared to silver on white bikes. u would be better off doing them for a GS tho.

Hi Mark,
I think Nutty was onto something when he mentioned Kriega.

IMHO , make some frames up, very minimal and quickly detachable to hang some soft luggage on

a bit like these frames but more angular and fitted to the space

Just need to find, make up some suitable bags. ??

:thumb2

Hi fella and yes I agree - a frame to hold soft luggage might be the best. I did actually design a frame to fit behind the panniers which might work for this........

23587434132_e4cd21251d_c.jpg
[/url]2015-12-04 14.56.51 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

Those back boxes look ok, esp compared to silver on white bikes. u would be better off doing them for a GS tho.

Yes I agree as they are `styled` on the GS(A) ones anyway as out of all the panniers out there its the GS(A) ones that, IMHO, look anything like!

and THANK YOU fella! I can`t seem to find any panniers that actually look nice for the XR, even when I design them myself around what I do think looks nice (GSA panniers for instance).

So the ones I came up with (and I realise its a very polarising subject) are in my humble opinion are not the answer but as close to any acceptable answer that we may find and to see someone say "Those back boxes look ok" despite all the other negative points is somewhat cheering.

Sadly what no one can appreciate, from just images, is the over engineered quality of the work and the fantastic Tig welding (done by a colleague craftsman/my foreman) - they might be objects of scorn (understandably) but they are beautiful objects of scorn made by craftsmen in an environment of the usual `made by the millions, as cheaply as possible, by faceless Chinese gits who have no idea what they are making or even care and wow, there`s a shocker, its all fallen to bits................"

Lol, whoops what I meant to say was................

Rant over and back to your point - thankes fella for a modicum of recognition of all my efforts :beerjug:

I've said it before, Kreiga US30 on the back for a week away, then strap another US10 or 20 on top if you need more luggage capacity.:thumb

If you're taking the wife/ girlfriend/ local masseuse away for a couple of weeks, and want to pack the kitchen sink, this is the wrong bike for you.

Good idea, that's that sorted then. Why am I fekkin get about with panniers in the first place lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get it delivered to your hotel.:D

Nutty's early attempts to get 'Wines to your door' up and running, were not a great success:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tqe07C6lj54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good idea, that's that sorted then. Why am I fekkin get about with panniers in the first place lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we did tell you as soon as you posted images of the prototypes!:D

Back
Top Bottom