Full Akra.................

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys (and gals, neatly avoiding legal action :D), I can`t find a thread in this section for the akra for the XR so I`ve started one to see if anyone has any good opinions or experience we (the great unwashed :D) would be interested in reading or sharing.

I for one don`t know anyone else who has done this apart from my bezzie `Nuts` who seemingly has bought the full system because I have :augie

Nuts has had some good input and I`m sure he won`t mind me saying that he is going to fit his and simply see how it goes. Of course I respect his opinion and I`m sure there`s loads of good sense there.

I am tending to move towards a P Cmdr tuningfest as although I am sure Hilltop are Gods :bow I`d rather have something which I can unplug when I need to.

Here`s the system I bought (before Nuts did :D) and here`s the image from the akra site quoting the gains following a PCmdr. I already know that the hardware needs to be sorted but hopefully in the new year I can get it sorted.......... :bounce1

I have had one report that the XR ECU `automatically adjusts` to the new system. Don`t wanna look unsupportive of others opinions but if someone is saying that the ECU has a broad band CO2 non closed loop capability then I guess it will put all the tuners out of business :augie

So, does any of us have any valid input which would be of benefit and interesting to share? :nenau

23450529315_072f60fd27_c.jpg
[/url]2015-11-23 14.07.13 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

23154718590_674369a0da_c.jpg
[/url]akra by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

Self adjustment - I was told that about an HP2s (by a dealer) - it ain't true.

I wouldn't consider a full system like the Akra without having some form of fuel augmentation at the very least.

You have a lot of money invested in that bike (especially with the Akra) - why chance it?

Al

Mmm well that's someone else who tends to doubt the 'self adjustment' - thanks fella, TBH I was very skeptical.

And yes, in for a penny.......... And IMHO it makes sense to maximise the 'return' of such an investment. Sadly I won't be able to see how it rides till next year. Already watching the clock.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the full system on an S1000RR and although it did function ok it really needed a PCV which I added and got a full dyno set up. Apparently a regular can is fine but if you're going full system then it's dyno time required.

Btw it made 191bhp on the dyno :green gri

I've a full Akra system on mine, sounds bloody lovely and got flames popping out too when down shifting with the gearshift assist. Lovely stuff :D
Hardly had a chance to play though as it's either chucking it down or the council are gritting, so it's hibernation time for the XR and hello to my old VFR.

My full system is going on next week. I'll see how it rides, before going down the Hilltop or power commander route.

Bring on the flames.:green gri

My full system is going on next week. I'll see how it rides, before going down the Hilltop or power commander route.

Bring on the flames.:green gri

Well if you go Hilltop that's fine Nuts but try and get a readout - I`ll try and do the same for the power commander and we can have a pissing contest eh :D but seriously it might be important (mebbe to me for at least 5 nano seconds.........) to see the differences :thumb2

you will, for sure, get more out the system if you have `something` done :thumb2

You`ll still be slower than me whatever....................:D

22893256053_79b396c0f5_c.jpg
[/url]rides like a bastard by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

So the cat cover you made with love mark, went in the Bin !

what happened to that benhur chap? nice bloke

Ding dong the cat cover remains until I fit the full akra fella - Nuts bought a cat cover but I think is selling it coz he's fitting a full system, it remains a good bit of kit to cover the cat. Regarding Benhur I believe he sold his GS. And yes he was a good fella - I know him reasonably well but sadly had a bad accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geoff can work evil with that engine...Jack yorke who races superstockers said his rr was un-rideable and had to be detuned a little :D

geoff can work evil with that engine...Jack yorke who races superstockers said his rr was un-rideable and had to be detuned a little :D

I spoke to jeff in detail and the XR has to have some additional work to make it an RR contender, it's restricted mechanically .

he also said don't mess with the headers as the standard ones give the most power..something to do with the valve at the top of the headers..just a decat pipe, not as pretty as the akras tho

I spoke to jeff in detail and the XR has to have some additional work to make it an RR contender, it's restricted mechanically .

If I wanted an RR contender I think I`d go and buy one!

Sadly I`m too bloody old to sit on one for longer than 10 minutes.............:(

Back
Top Bottom