Pimp my ride.

earthmover

opinionated, me?
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I hate the programme, but the tittle seemed apt!

My bike has had a fairly quiet year, circumstances conspired against me and all that. :(
Despite that, I thought a bit of attention was justified. I bought and fitted a set of Ohlins off a gentleman on here a couple of years ago, and decided that a service was in order.
When the bike was in at a main dealer for the flange recall, they commented on just how thin the rear brake disc was, and would I like them to change it for me? Not at their prices, no.
Last year, I had it valeted and ACF 50'd at Adventure Bike Warehouse after a service, and fancied doing the same again
So, bike in the trailer, dropped at Kais in Atherton for suspension service and set up. Just in time apparently, the rear was well overdue some work!
Picked up the now very supple and controlled suspended bike a couple of days later and dropped it off at ABW for new disc, service and "winterisation". Chris commented on the corrosion on my front engine cover, and asked if I wanted a quote for cleaning it up and repainting it. And while they were doing that, did I want the rest of the bike tidying up?
Well, it was a bit scabby (quote from another customer) so I said yes.
Rode over with Denise on Saturday to collect it and couldn't believe my eyes! :eek: It looks like new! I almost felt guilty riding it away into the rain soaked streets of Salford!

DSC_0265-L.jpg

DSC_0266-L.jpg

People familiar with my bike will know that this standard of cleanliness is very rare indeed! Hats off to ABW for a job well done! :bow
(I rode it in the rain again on Sunday, it is beginning to look like mine again. :D)
Mark

I think they stole another one and swapped it for yours Mark:thumb

PS The Barkbusters are good aren't they, I fitted some to the Guzzi for my last trip on her .

Looks great Mark ...... surely photo shopped:D

Back
Top Bottom