Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matlock Bath

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I avoid the place !

At weekends the plod and traffic wardens are out in force and for me there are just too many weekend warriors who would sooner spend an hour riding there and then talking shite for 2 hours before riding home ( as long as the weather is ok). as for the roads around there they are not that special and the same time to get there gets me into the dales which has better roads ( for me) and better cafes with less wankers on fire blades and R1s showing off their knee sliders.

If all the bikers stop going i may then visit the place
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Matlock Bath

Well, I fecking love the place.

Full on cheesey, chip shop/amusement arcade hell. Like an inland Skegy. There's nowhere else like it, it's unique Also there ARE loads of great roads around there, you just need to know them. It's also where lots of good trails start

There really are some miserable moaning old duffers in here; hipsters are wank, biker brotherhood are wank, sports bike riders are wank............

Thank god we're all far superior to the rest of the oi poloi

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    Well, I fecking love the place ....

Thank god we're not all as superior as the rest of the oi poloi

Andres
    Ha ha .... I still agree with Rick though

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    You could have ridden to Llanbister in the same amount of time
    Depends where you're starting from of course!
    I never go there as a destination but occasionally ride through it as it's close to home.

Full on cheesey, chip shop/amusement arcade hell. Like an inland Skegy. There's nowhere else like it, it's unique Also there ARE loads of great roads around there, you just need to know them. It's also where lots of good trails start

There really are some miserable moaning old duffers in here; hipsters are wank, biker brotherhood are wank, sports bike riders are wank............

Andres

Far better riding to get to the centre of Rotherham and sit in fekkin Rainbow talking bollox all day. Oh the irony.
    What a load of moaning old cnuts. fekk me, I thought I was bad, but you twats are on a higher level I can only aspire to. What a load of holier than thou fekkas !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytim View Post
    Far better riding to get to the centre of Rotherham and sit in fekkin Rainbow talking bollox all day. Oh the irony.
    What a load of moaning old cnuts. fekk me, I thought I was bad, but you twats are on a higher level I can only aspire to. What a load of holier than thou fekkas !
    You wouldnt catch me doing that either !
    Nor going to willington woods or whatever it is or Squires !

I much prefer to be either on my own or with just a mate or 2 and head off somewhere like the dales or the lesser travelled roads of Lincolnshire or wales or anywhere that isnt snided out with blokes on bikes.
    I take the point by Andres about the trails and each to their own of course. If that makes me a moaning old holier than thou duffer then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I avoid the place !

At weekends the plod and traffic wardens are out in force and for me there are just too many weekend warriors who would sooner spend an hour riding there and then talking shite for 2 hours before riding home ( as long as the weather is ok). as for the roads around there they are not that special and the same time to get there gets me into the dales which has better roads ( for me) and better cafes with less wankers on fire blades and R1s showing off their knee sliders.

If all the bikers stop going i may then visit the place
    Point of order sorry. You don't go there but you say it's full of plod and traffic wardens? Where'd you get that "fact" from then eh because it simply is not true in the slightest. Too many "weekend warriors"? What's one of them then ? Talk about stereotyping. Ya the same as them cnuts that say the Snake Pass is chokka with traffic police/cars/caravans, when if you actually use ya fekkin noodle and pick your times when to use it, is a wonderful little stretch of road. Likewise Matlock Bath. Who the fekk in their right mind would go there at the well known popular times ? (other than those that want to!) Roads not that special? You need to open your adventurous eyes a bit owd dook. Same time to get to the Dales ? From Donny? Ya want my peg LOL. Cafes better? Maybe so, but only when they're fekkin open.

"Full day out from Sheffield" Micky? Facetious Fekka. I use it as you do Rainbow or the Maple Tree. I got an hour to spare I can nip out into the Peaks and a coffee and bollox at Matlock.

Ya all the fekkin same with ya stereotyping.

(Oh fekk, waddid I just say! )

Llanbister? Don't talk like a cnut JB.

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

Point of order sorry. You don't go there but you say it's full of plod and traffic wardens? Where'd you get that "fact" from then eh because it simply is not true in the slightest. Too many "weekend warriors"? What's one of them then ? Talk about stereotyping. Ya the same as them cnuts that say the Snake Pass is chokka with traffic police/cars/caravans, when if you actually use ya fekkin noodle and pick your times when to use it, is a wonderful little stretch of road. Likewise Matlock Bath. Who the fekk in their right mind would go there at the well known popular times ( other than those that want to!) Roads not that special? More roads than M1 and Darley Dale that take you to Matlock You need to open your adventurous eyes a bit owd dook. Same time to get to the Dales ? From Donny? Ya want my peg LOL. Cafes better? Maybe so, but only when they're fekkin open.

Ya all the fekkin same with ya stereotyping.

(Oh fekk, waddid I just say! )
    Ok on your point of order

Yes I have been It was a sunday after a ride out in the peaks. It was a Sunday because that was the day I was free that week and you are correct I do not know what it is like there on say a wednesday morning at 0830hrs but i would imagine it is like all small towns or villages that are not invaded by motorbikes I.E dead !

If it wasnt for Biker money being spent i would imagine that Matlock Bath would have died years ago.

I was with Roadcraft rider on the day he mentioned, both ends of Matlock bath had Police doing checks the roads into and out of were heavily policed ( no probs with that per se) and the traffic warden that we were talking to was indeed checking tyres tax and exhausts let alone parking infringements.

The attraction of Matlock Bath to Bikers is in fact other bikers rather thyan the place itself i would venture. Just like all the other Biker haunts such as Squires and countless others including for some no doubt Rainbow.

Many roads in the peak district are quite good if yoiu know where to go but the roads to get there are a different matter, 50MPH speed limits or the M1 or city centre riding then all the tourists and sightseers in their cars and all the bloody bikes ! Hundreds and Hundreds of em.

The Snake is a great road and I ride it Regularly, often breaking the 50MPH speed limit Nice and early on a summer morning with Holme moss and Strines included in the loop its great but please dont tell me it it isnt heavily policed and please dont tell me it isnt ridden by some total idiots some of whom manage to get the road closed quite often because they fall off.

For all the same reasons i have mentioned you wont catch me in the centre of Hawes either but the roads up there are better IMO and that is where i prefer although Lincolnshires roads are good but bloody awfull scenery

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    I find myself agreeing with you once more Pratt

Bollox, me too
    KEA

Blog Entries

Andres

I find myself agreeing with this man more & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaloy View Post

Yep, I'm switching allegiances
    KEA

Be careful never trust a hippy

Blog Entries

I would agree with you, however I have a reputation to keep.

Llanbister? Don't talk like a cnut JB.

Have you been
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I love Matlock Bath, and I love nothing better than hitching up my LR Defender to my caravan for a slow tow through the Peaks to purposely hold up traffic. When I've got a good mile of queueing traffic behind me I'll change up to 2nd gear. If I see a lay-by I'll indicate and slow down as if to pull in, giving hope to the drivers behind, but then carry on driving. This culminates at Matlock Bath where I park my outfit so as to block all the parking spaces and trap bikes in. Then off for another slow tow, positioning myself so as to prevent any bikes from overtaking me.

Might go there this Saturday if anyone wants to jump in with me. I'll buy the teas
    e-bike expert & log burner extraordinaire

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast