Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matlock Bath

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Have you been
    WTF?

Llanbister? On the Newtown to Crossgates road? Is this a loaded question?

Bit too far to nip out there for a coffee (if I'm walking into a clever trap)

Dare I say then if you ride to Matlock bath and your wearing a Hi Viz vest or coat with POLITE on the back some of the members would not be happy

07875 304772
    I still like visiting Matlock....the usual plan is up to CMC bikes at Clay Cross for a look at the stock and a cuppa at the cafe, then from there via the B614 past Ogston Reservoir...into Matlock for a stroll around, and a portion of fish,chips & mushy peas

back from the abyss Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Regards bisbee

Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by bisbee View Post
    They tried it with Hawes a few years ago .... didn't work then

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by bisbee View Post
    Fuckers are parked on the footpath, if thats what they do then they deserve to have to pay.

I'll have a ride out there with you Tim one day

Pickering in Yorkshire charges for motorcycles to park in the square. You still get plenty going there ( I think it is Pickering - it is on that road anyway!)

Personally, I don't think a couple of bob is too much of a hardship to park in the prime position on the roadside. How would people feel if the Council came up with the idea of free motorcycle parking in the furthest away carpark, but no motorcycle parking on the high street, or pay and display on the high street??

There is a 20 ft wide footpath aside the river with railing to chain yer bike too. That "could if they wanted too" fit 100 bikes. That could release more space for the chuds to park their cars etc. Most of the folks wanting change probably never use the bath - or the chippys or the cafes. Its a tadge scruffy at mo and always in the shade, just my opinion of course

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Fuckers are parked on the footpath, if thats what they do then they deserve to have to pay.

I'll have a ride out there with you Tim one day
    Me too, but you'll have to wait for me

Adventure.GS

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

de minimis non curat lex Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Pickering in Yorkshire charges for motorcycles to park in the square. You still get plenty going there ( I think it is Pickering - it is on that road anyway!)

Personally, I don't think a couple of bob is too much of a hardship to park in the prime position on the roadside. How would people feel if the Council came up with the idea of free motorcycle parking in the furthest away carpark, but no motorcycle parking on the high street, or pay and display on the high street??
    I think you're thinking of Helmsley. (and yes it is on that road )

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Pickering in Yorkshire
    Is that where Ronnie lives?

Quote Originally Posted by getalife View Post
    I think you're thinking of Helmsley. (and yes it is on that road )
    Many years ago went to Helmsley ... parked our bikes in a 'V' between the car parking bays ... Traffic Warden said, in no mistaken terms "Move 'Em" they really really weren't taking any useable space up, or in a pedestrians way. "OK" I said "We'll put the two bikes in a car space and get a ticket for them, as for a car"

"And you'll get a ticket for that" came the reply ....

.... soooo we went up to the Lion Hotel on Blakey Ridge for our lunch, and I've never been back to Helmsley since

Matlock Bath, Devils Bridge, Sherbern in Elmet .... I avoid like the plague

Adventure.GS

Nice to know Matlock Bath is still alive and well. I used to ride up there in the 60s on Sundays. In fact I was having a dice with a Rocket Gold Star, got passed him, and then Mr Plod overtook us both and I got a £10 speeding ticket, a lot of money in them days. I was well impressed with Mr Plods riding. Mind you I was 2 up... Wasn't you was it Micky?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockred View Post
    Nice to know Matlock Bath is still alive and well. I used to ride up there in the 60s on Sundays. In fact I was having a dice with a Rocket Gold Star, got passed him, and then Mr Plod overtook us both and I got a £10 speeding ticket, a lot of money in them days. I was well impressed with Mr Plods riding. Mind you I was 2 up... Wasn't you was it Micky?
    The first time I went to Matlock would be in 1963 on the D7 BSA Bantam ... then I met Plod too (elsewhere) and got banned

Didn't have a Rocket Goldie until later on in to the 70's

Sooo nooo it wasn't me that gotya

Adventure.GS

The first time I went there I was on a 98cc James. The speeding ticket I was on a Tiger 100..........Happy days.

My first time to Mat Bath, was on my B25 gold star. Along with a pocketful of spanners.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast