Matlock Bath

bisbee

VIGILUM
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It seems all is not well between Derbyshire County Council and visiting bikers! Some new parking proposals are stirring talk of petitions and protests?

What are they wanting to do exactly? I remember something cracking off a while ago but not what had been proposed......

Andres

Waiting limited to 20 mins on South Parade is one I've heard? I was hoping for someone on farcebook to post some details??

I never have understood the attraction of Matlock Bath for Bikes, stopped for a cupper a couple of times and there have always been traffic wardens like Jobsworths checking tax and exhaust markings. Not for me.

Sent using Tapatalk

Went there a couple of years ago on a Dales trip, unsurprisingly the hotel we stayed at seems to have closed down.

Thought the town was dull apart from the quiz night at the local pub where a couple of local lasses were impressed at our knowledge of 70's & 80's music owing to my days as a wedding DJ.

Not impressed enough to get me a shag though !

On the other hand couldn't really understand what they were saying, so might have turned down a threesome

I never have understood the attraction of Matlock Bath for Bikes, stopped for a cupper a couple of times and there have always been traffic wardens like Jobsworths checking tax and exhaust markings. Not for me.

Sent using Tapatalk

You need to open your mind a bit. ( I know that it's a tough thing for South Yorkshire folk to do, but hey give it a go). It's a great place to meet up with friends who aren't from the same street as you....it's quite central for S.Yorks and Midlands people to meet and whichever way you travel to get there, it's a cracking ride...no, no, don't tell me...you use the M1? :blast:blast
Always a good atmosphere there. Always a smorgasbord of weird and wonderful motorcycles there. Chip shops and cafes are great. great craic there and a good excuse to "nip out" for chips via Ladybower, Monsal Head, Via Gella etc etc.

As for there "always being traffic wardens like Jobsworths checking tax and exhaust markings"... Always? :confused: LOL, sorry, but what a complete and utter load of bollox that is. Saw ONE warden last year walking along the prom. Very attractive young lady who spent a good bit of time "engaging" with the rufty tufty riotously nosiy tax evaders before moving on to an illegally parked van!

As for the "proposed" bike parking charges. Who knows? Meant to start a year or so ago but died the death. I can't see it being any different this time 'round.

Friday afternoon RR, fancy popping out to Matlock for chips......via the Peak District. If so, drop us a P.M. :thumb2

You need to open your mind a bit. ( I know that it's a tough thing for South Yorkshire folk to do, but hey give it a go). It's a great place to meet up with friends who aren't from the same street as you....it's quite central for S.Yorks and Midlands people to meet and whichever way you travel to get there, it's a cracking ride...no, no, don't tell me...you use the M1? :blast:blast
Always a good atmosphere there. Always a smorgasbord of weird and wonderful motorcycles there. Chip shops and cafes are great. great craic there and a good excuse to "nip out" for chips via Ladybower, Monsal Head, Via Gella etc etc.

As for there "always being traffic wardens like Jobsworths checking tax and exhaust markings"... Always? :confused: LOL, sorry, but what a complete and utter load of bollox that is. Saw ONE warden last year walking along the prom. Very attractive young lady who spent a good bit of time "engaging" with the rufty tufty riotously nosiy tax evaders before moving on to an illegally parked van!

As for the "proposed" bike parking charges. Who knows? Meant to start a year or so ago but died the death. I can't see it being any different this time 'round.

Friday afternoon RR, fancy popping out to Matlock for chips......via the Peak District. If so, drop us a P.M. :thumb2

Not to worry fella someone that likes the place will be along soon, I can and do have great days out in the peaks and he rest of the county without standing around with a bunch of knob jockeys measuring dicks, and plenty of cracking places for a cuppa and a butty, without sharing with 100's of other bikers at the same time within5 miles of the place. Say it as you see it, bit touchy fella you married to a traffic warden then?

Sent using Tapatalk

I avoid the place !

At weekends the plod and traffic wardens are out in force and for me there are just too many weekend warriors who would sooner spend an hour riding there and then talking shite for 2 hours before riding home ( as long as the weather is ok). as for the roads around there they are not that special and the same time to get there gets me into the dales which has better roads ( for me) and better cafes with less wankers on fire blades and R1s showing off their knee sliders.

If all the bikers stop going i may then visit the place

I avoid the place !

At weekends the plod and traffic wardens are out in force and for me there are just too many weekend warriors who would sooner spend an hour riding there and then talking shite for 2 hours before riding home ( as long as the weather is ok). as for the roads around there they are not that special and the same time to get there gets me into the dales which has better roads ( for me) and better cafes with less wankers on fire blades and R1s showing off their knee sliders.

If all the bikers stop going i may then visit the place

Well, I fecking love the place.

Full on cheesey, chip shop/amusement arcade hell. Like an inland Skegy. There's nowhere else like it, it's unique :) Also there ARE loads of great roads around there, you just need to know them. It's also where lots of good trails start :)

There really are some miserable moaning old duffers in here; hipsters are wank, biker brotherhood are wank, sports bike riders are wank............

Thank god we're all far superior to the rest of the oi poloi ;)

Andres

Back
Top Bottom