Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intaride HAWK radio system

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    So first fit mockup in place.

With any luck, I'll get it fitted in the next week, but am out on the bike tomorrow.

Before any tosser mentions it, wires will be tided up and not left as loose as they are!
    What mount have you used to connect to the left bar/stem ?

Hugh Janus Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It's all in and fitted.

The unit was under my seat, but I found it picked up interference, and it's been good as gold on the bars.

POWER
    I have put a Fuzeblock under the rear seat, and this powers the radio and Bluetooth module.

WIRES
    The unit comes with quite a lot of wire, so rather that cut and shut, I put them all in the front left fairing,( blue tie wraps = radio/Comms on this bike so I know what is mine).

The wires to the unit are encased in braided sleeving, and I'm not happy about the bulges in the power cable ( the unit has a 12v non waterproof connector about 15cm away from the radio). Two of the cables for me are redundant (audio in and passenger audio out) but they have 10cm cable tails which need accommodating.

BLUETOOTH
    The unit has an optional BT module, and I put this on the top of the tank cover so I can see if it's pairing ok?

MOUNTINGS
    The standard for this type of unit seems to be to slap a bit of Velcro on the back, but I didn't want that, and as the chassis is made of aluminium, with recessed screw holes, I managed to tap the chassis out to 4mm ( got a second cut tap and ground the end to a flat to avoid damaging the screws that hold the front on.

I have various 6mm nylon and plastic sheet off cuts (eBay) and these are ideal for this type of thing, as they are easy to cut, and won't rust.

With a Wunderlich bar mounting system for the RT, and 4mm stainless cap head screws, it's a nice clean install, and I replaced the adjustment wing nuts with stainless screws.

I can change the settings without having to remove seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Interide Hawk

Hi
    I just bought a Hawk PMR and have a Amplifier hiss quite loud in my speakers any advise ?

Hi Jeff,

What are you using (Bluetooth, hardwire) etc?

I note that I need a far lower volume on the Hawk than my other connected devices ( have my BMW helmet on lowest volume setting)

You can turn down the volume of your Hawk, that might help.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Give Intaride a call or email, great team of guys, who will take the time to help.
    Ian.

If you can't be good, be careful

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Hi

Just finished setting mine up. I have fitted the radio behind the left speaker . I paid extra for the instructors switch PTT and open channel but thats not working Using the BT to my Nolan helmet with the B4 kit

Arial is fitted to the side of the speaker pod. Using it for IAM work and social rides.

I've been having transmit volume issues with a non Intaride Bluetooth headset, (BMW and Packtalk), Intaride confirm I'm not alone in having these problems, and despite an upgrade on software, testing suggests my voice is difficult to hear when I'm transmitting).

They said the problem would go away if I bought one of their headsets, but I'm going to remove it and flog it and go back to Sena. I would consider wired but I'm on and off the bike a lot and having to disconnect and not hear whilst stood next to the bike would be a disadvantage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12