Africa Twin - About the Bike

ahh wicked, definitely getting one then. It shows
me how hot the heated grips are.. Super impressed.......really?
Dealer add on, and yes, they seem rather expensive. I'm not sure where I saw it, or if I picked this up wrong, but I am under the impression that the oe ones register on the dash what heat setting they are on at. Still, bloody expensive.

ahh wicked, definitely getting one then. It shows
me how hot the heated grips are.. Super impressed.......really?
You don't have to buy the grips ...... And you don't have to buy the bike either if you are not 'super impressed' .
My advice would be to let someone else buy the grips for you by buying a used one in 6-12 mths time :thumb

What shows you how hot the grips are ???

When you hit the button on the grips, the heat setting pops up at the top of the lower dash readout. Five different settings to choose from, always goes onto 5 (the warmest) first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 488
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 493
Road test on Bike Show, tester says OE grips are poor and did not keep hands warm in either 2 or 7 deg ambient. They will be trying it off road in future show

The day I took out the demo was cold and wet. The grips on 5 were OK, but as I'm no winter rider, I'm sure they'll be fine for my needs. The Oxfords are much cheaper and warmer...

So, Honda have taken a leaf out of BMW's book and fitted shit heated grips to a first year bike?:augie

Must be to make the ex GS owners feel at home.:D

FFS surely your hands tell you how hot the heated grips are, you dont need a display telling you that do you.

I have always bunged a cheap set of Oxfords off ebay for £30 on all my bikes and never once had an issue. that £300 saving could get you at least a months shopping at your local waitrose

If the heated grips aren't hot enough then the normal procedure is to reject the bike as not fit for purpose OR whinge and whine ad infinitum to Honda until they replace them free of charge ;)

That seems cheap Arsey, my dealer has a price list for the extras stuck on the wall behind the AT in his showroom, I'm sure the grips are more than that. As a matter of interest, the guys from Scotoiler who are based in Milngavie just outside Glasgow, took the bike for a couple of days, it was the first AT they had managed to get hold of. They have now designed a Scotoiler kit for the AT, it looks a very neat install. If memory serves, my dealer is doing the kit for £175 fitted

I've just chopped in my GSA for an Africa Twin. Does anyone know if there's a wee plug hidden somewhere to power my GPS like the GS had? I've spec'd my bike with the 12v socket and heated grips so I believe that means extra wiring too. I'm hoping I don't have to splice something in, but if I do it should be easy with the 12v socket.

I've just chopped in my GSA for an Africa Twin. Does anyone know if there's a wee plug hidden somewhere to power my GPS like the GS had? I've spec'd my bike with the 12v socket and heated grips so I believe that means extra wiring too. I'm hoping I don't have to splice something in, but if I do it should be easy with the 12v socket.

Can't help you on the question but congrats on a wise decision !! What colour/manual/DCT ?

Slip on Termi doesn't sound that great and power gains minimal :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pbu9fWErufw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Think it'll be the full system then !! :augie

Back
Top Bottom