Africa Twin - About the Bike

Akrapovic......:drool

Nope :blast

The beauty of the full Termi system is it looks vaguely like a one off 'rally' system. That Akra just looks fat and bloated and that black collector/shroud thing :barf IMHO Akra have really lost their way recently in the looks dept on just about every new silencer they've come out with.

Andres

I think akrapovic primarily make CE approved stuff for the manufacturers to sell now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahhh, but you're looking at a slip on end can, the black shroud is the plastic oe piece hiding the cat. I like the Akra from the point of it matching up to said offending shroud better than any other slip lens I've looked at. However, the full Termi looks gorgeous.

Ahhh, but you're looking at a slip on end can, the black shroud is the plastic oe piece hiding the cat. I like the Akra from the point of it matching up to said offending shroud better than any other slip lens I've looked at. However, the full Termi looks gorgeous.

Except those bastard cheating Italian fuckheads only made the full titanium system to show at EICMA Milan.They have no plans to market it and instead are selling a much inferior stainless system with welds that are no where near as slick as on the ti and the end can is also stainless with a titanium wrap.
They can fuck off if they think I'm buying that !!!

Yeah, you're right of course - I think it's the way it almost looks part of the silencer (makes it look even bigger) that I don't like; the very reason you do like it......

Thank god we're not all the same ;)

Andres

The Akra is even more expensive than the Termi.....:eek:

I'll wait a while longer for the Leo Vince to arrive, plus many others are bound to hit the market as we get further into the summer. The Termi is still my favourite.....at nearly a grand. :comfort

I reckon I'd keep the Honda one.

Never mind the exhaust... it will end in tears...

On the Epynt...

Attachments

• 12711295_572616966230011_4505230224843795372_o.jpg
    12711295_572616966230011_4505230224843795372_o.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 12783656_572617086229999_3404792175880545292_o.jpg
    12783656_572617086229999_3404792175880545292_o.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 215
Absolutely, dent a rim and you're fecked without a tube!

P1020129-XL.jpg

When I'm away from home I always feck with a tube.

its more than gorgeous its a reason to buy an AT

But what full Termi are you looking at ?

This one which they don't make ?

Or the stainless version which is now for sale :

Stainless end can with titanium sleeve and stainless headers

I did think that Termi were fûcking with the public but I've now been given a very good reason as to why they are not making the system in full titanium.

Part of an email from Termi to Rugged Road,I hope won't mind me reproducing here :

We are able to do the titanium collector, in fact the firsts sample for the show was made in titanium. During the tests in off road, we noticed that the titanium at high temperature, if hit by a little stone or something like that could have broken.

This is the reason because in Dakar they change the complete system after 800km, and also the reason because the Official Enduro Honda team prefer to use the stainless steel, it is most durable.

This doesn’t mean absolutely we won’t do them at all, but for the moment we want to focus on the stainless steel.

Ive got to say I think that Termi is Fugly it looks like a load of off cuts all welded together Don't tell me that couldn't have been made out of one piece mandril bent !!
End can aint bad

My Money at the moment is the Akrapovic at least it looks like it fits the bike !!

The termi is for sale, its available at Rugged Roads. Looks great to me!

Attachments

• capture-20160224-090855.jpg
    capture-20160224-090855.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 182
Ive got to say I think that Termi is Fugly it looks like a load of off cuts all welded together Don't tell me that couldn't have been made out of one piece mandril bent !!
End can aint bad ...

It's funny how we all have different tastes - now I quite like all those different cuts, and the weld between each one has a sort of golden brassy hue to it which if you polished up with autosol would look lovely .... :)

Ive got to say I think that Termi is Fugly it looks like a load of off cuts all welded together ......................

FWIW that's what makes it look so good, like a one off race exhaust :)

I take it you don't like this then, spotted at last year's 'Bike Shed'? ;)

It's funny how we all have different tastes - now I quite like all those different cuts, and the weld between each one has a sort of golden brassy hue to it which if you polished up with autosol would look lovely .... :)

........and being Ti, once it got good and hot a few times those welds would look lovely :)

Andres

FWIW that's what makes it look so good, like a one off race exhaust :)

I take it you don't like this then, spotted at last year's 'Bike Shed'? ;)

........and being Ti, once it got good and hot a few times those welds would look lovely :)

Andres

No !! that's Fugly as well and completely unnecessary a normal bend will also give a better flow !! :thumb2

Looks similar to the Yoshi system I fitted to the Tracer, quality and impressed.

Attachments

• Yoshi full system.jpg
    Yoshi full system.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 566
  • yoshi.jpg
    yoshi.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 630
Just remember it sticks out unlike the oem one when stacking it in next to your other bike so you don't gouge the fuck out of it on the pillion peg before its even seen daylight :blast :mad:

Back
Top Bottom