Africa Twin - About the Bike

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the AT has now come and the coming thread is 52 pages long and riddled with stuff other than 'About the Bike' can we start a new thread which is just 'About the Bike'?

There's some good content hidden within the other thread, most of it links to other peoples pictures opinions so we may want to copy some of those across.

I found this video posted by Davy F interesting as it was not jazzed up Honda and gives a good view of what it will be like

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ng - Page 51&txt=https://youtu.be/4k29TqRXba0

Very nice bike, looked a bit heavy still at 1.08 mins.

I'd have one over any GS or 1190 these days :beerjug:

Deffo a nice looking bike.. does it really have tubed tyres though?

Deffo a nice looking bike.. does it really have tubed tyres though?

Yes - Which is my major issue with the bike, and that issue is really more about me than the bike

I use my bike daily wearing my work gear under a BMW coverall suit. Yesterday I had a puncture on the way to the office down a shitty back lane

No problem, pop the GSA onto its centre stand with just enough room for cars to squeeze by, slip a pair or workshop gloves on, find the hole, plug with a stop and go, inflate with a few canisters and off I go with just a 15 minute delay.

Maybe one of those tubeless systems is the way to go

Ffs, does the world need yet another thread, need more discussion about this feckin bike.

I'd like one ... But I like my 1150 So I will have to have two.... But I'd be surprised if the Honda wouldn't do all I want and more...

I'm no experienced expert so I'm guessing. Is it that if you are really using it for what it could do (travel to the middle of nowhere) that tubes are better than tubeless.

Absolutely, dent a rim and you're fecked without a tube!

P1020129-XL.jpg

I see that the heated grips are a £340 option which seems extortionate ?

Does anybody know if they are a factory fit and fully integrated or a dealer add on ?

Seem a crazy price when you can the latest 5 setting Oxford grips for £70 !!

Dealer add on, and yes, they seem rather expensive. I'm not sure where I saw it, or if I picked this up wrong, but I am under the impression that the oe ones register on the dash what heat setting they are on at. Still, bloody expensive.

Dealer add on, and yes, they seem rather expensive. I'm not sure where I saw it, or if I picked this up wrong, but I am under the impression that the oe ones register on the dash what heat setting they are on at. Still, bloody expensive.

Add those to an alarm and panniers and you could be at the price of a GT - shall I tell McCallens you'll be calling in? :green gri

Quick reply.Ta.

Back
Top Bottom