Thread: Finally got myself a trials bike...

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Finally got myself a trials bike...

And this is it, a 99' Beta Techno:

I know it's getting on a bit and needs a bit of work but it is mostly all there and in pretty good order, there's a couple of things to get and a few wee jobs to do but meantime I can and will use it

And I hate Dougie Lampkin...

Nice bike, have fun
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Nearly a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by david a hall View Post
    Nearly a classic.
    Yeah, and getting more difficult to find spares for as I have now discovered!

For the eagle eyed the rear mudguard and subframe is from a 96' Techno so it's on the 'to do' list to replace.

Nice bike but feck me it is the first bike I've seen with a smaller fuel tank than the VFR1200! I don't fancy the range

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I had one back in my second (or was it third?) attempt at trials. A mate has a superb example that he has restored. If you get stuck for bits, let me know and I'll ask where he got parts from. Oh, and keep your feet up.
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyNeil View Post
    Nice bike but feck me it is the first bike I've seen with a smaller fuel tank than the VFR1200! I don't fancy the range
    , I'm definitely going to get caught out at some point! I think the range is around 35 miles but that's a long way if your messing around on trials.

Quote Originally Posted by earthmover View Post
    I had one back in my second (or was it third?) attempt at trials. A mate has a superb example that he has restored. If you get stuck for bits, let me know and I'll ask where he got parts from. Oh, and keep your feet up.
    Mark
    Thanks Mark. I've been in touch with 'Trials and Tribulations' who have been very helpful and there's also splatshop.co.uk, another Ebay shop (whose name I can't remember at the moment) are good for small stuff like gaskets / o-rings & seals but some parts are now obsolete (brake lever for example) so it is very much a case of preserving what you have!

Cheers,

Mike.

Try John Lampkin at Beta UK
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Try John Lampkin at Beta UK
    I have been but they didn't seem too interested in helping me out whereas Trials & Tribs have been brilliant. I suppose that it reaches a stage where a supplier like Beta UK have to keep up with demand and most demand is for newer models and you just can't stock everything!

I must try not to break it

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by mspenz View Post
    some parts are now obsolete (brake lever for example)

Cheers,

Mike.
    Yes, my rear brake pedal was floppy. Did look at drilling it out and bushing it, then shifted the bike for a green lane bike instead.
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

Now moved on from the Techno to a 2006 Sherco 290, very different and so much lighter!
    I would also have a green lane bike if we had green lane access up here, all the wide open uninhabited space...dammnit