husky Nuda 900

paul cardy

Reaction score
Anyone had one of these ? - recommendations or not - may be looking to buy if anyone doesn't put me off or has one for sale ?

I really like the look of the R, and had an opportunity to buy one of the last ones at a heavily discounted price. But didn't.:blast

I've got one.
I bought it for two reasons: I fell instantly in love with the looks and as there weren't many about, I figured I wouldn't lose much on it if I decided to sell.
Now...this is a proper bike. Not because it's aggressive and fast and stupidly impractical (it really is) and I need to constantly fight the urge to ride like a hooligan (I really do)...it's a proper bike because it makes me smile every time I take it out.

Then after an hour I'm completely knackered, so I take it home and go out on the GS...but I'm still laughing as I do.

I like them a lot and have ridden a couple now; very nice indeed :)

Have you considered an Aprilla Shiver? Similar to a Nuda but a bit more of everything and would get my vote out of the two.

Andres

I've ridden a Nuda R and preferred the KTM 990 SMR

Having said that I wish I'd never gotten rid of my old 950 SMR :blast

Hi

Thanks for all the replies sort of confirmed my thoughts that this could be the way to go. I sort of stumbled across the Nuda online and following a load of searching (Royal Jordainian included )found a web site that looked to have about 6 bikes for sale one of which is the loca dealer to me Husky Sport. Popped over for a chat to find out the website in question sort of linked with other sites and all the adverts were well out of date :blast Anyway as fortune would have it they had a Nuda R in for a service so they let me have a sit on it and see if i could touch the ground.... good enought to be happy. It seems that the reliability is good and owners seem happy according to HS, they currently looks after the servicing of around 6/7 bikes so a reasnoable base to form an impression.
Last year I went out on a Ducati Hypermotard and tested the new 821 engined bike but came away not convinced, this and the previous Hyper being the only other bikes in the running for me until the Nuda came along although I have yet to ride one...

I will just have to keep on looking and hope something turns up.

If anyone knows of a Nuda for sale 900 or R - or any that may be on the market soon please drop me a line on here it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

There is one on ebay £5300 classified ad. 12000 miles. Dodgy looking ad but it's in London so not far from you. Looks nice too (IMHO) with on off spray job.

If only it didn't have the paint job I'd be very keen to buy, have been hunting for last 3 months, 3700 made but seem to be pretty rare.

There is one on ebay £5300 classified ad. 12000 miles. Dodgy looking ad but it's in London so not far from you. Looks nice too (IMHO) with on off spray job.

I'm on the look out for one, but wouldn't touch that one with a barge pole.

I'm on the look out for one, but wouldn't touch that one with a barge pole.

Maybe not but if I lived in Hampshire and saw it for sale in London (just down the road) then I would consider looking at it. It costs nothing to look and could be interesting to talk to the seller who, who knows, may be genuine even if the bike turned out to be as it seems in the strange ad, a little suspicious. Anyway, I was just mentioning the ad as I thought it may help but obviously not. I'll get my coat.:D

I was lucky enough to buy one of the last new bikes. It's a great looking bike but I haven't ridden it yet as I've been working/living abroad but I've now retired and I'm really looking forward to trying it after all of the carbon goodies are fitted... I'll let you know what it's like :)

You will love it.

I managed after 9 months searching to pick one up earlier this year.

My only warning - if it is an R model - go a bit easy on the brakes :eek:

Nuda 900

Ive got one.. it makes me laugh a lot, and bits of wee wee come out. BUT, its the looks for me, bit of a marmite machine... and you see hardly any about. Goes well, plenty of torque, nice and light. Whats not to like.. apart from the seat.. the seats not to like. :beerjug:

Ive got one.. it makes me laugh a lot, and bits of wee wee come out. BUT, its the looks for me, bit of a marmite machine... and you see hardly any about. Goes well, plenty of torque, nice and light. Whats not to like.. apart from the seat.. the seats not to like. :beerjug:

Confort Seat = a seat to like :)

I would expect a few will start to hit the market place I think (few already moving via Ebay) - reason the 790 Duke has similar crazy styling but with all the bells and whistles of a new bike. I think it will make the price fall a bit as the Nuda was unique in that it was light, powerful, fun and a bit crazy looking - from my point of view most or even all of those boxes get pretty much ticked by the 790 Duke.

The one thing I do not miss about mine is the clutch - cable and heavy come to mind, fine for a general ride but a serious work out in traffic.

Back
Top Bottom