End of an era!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry the cat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Called in to Rainbow today for a chat with Ian who tells me he's leaving next Wednesday after 10 years at the dealership.

Most unsalesman like salesman I've ever had dealings with. So laid back a times you felt almost guilty about disturbing him. Bought several bikes off him.

Proper gent to deal with, good company and lots of good anecdotes and stories. Plus a mean guitarist, powered by Jack Daniels:friday

All the best mate. Their loss!

dont know anyone at rainbow...but the bkes they advertise on MCN always seem to be a grand over the rest...

Called in to Rainbow today for a chat with Ian who tells me he's leaving next Wednesday after 10 years at the dealership.

Most unsalesman like salesman I've ever had dealings with. So laid back a times you felt almost guilty about disturbing him. Bought several bikes off him.

Proper gent to deal with, good company and lots of good anecdotes and stories. Plus a mean guitarist, powered by Jack Daniels:friday

All the best mate. Their loss!

He has 10 years on top of that with a short break in between he was telling me, top bloke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never been a great fan of Rainbow, and whilst Ian was a very amiable sort of bloke I did find him very difficult to deal with, especially if there was a problem.

Top bloke

Bought my last few GS's off Ian, top bloke!...please don't tell me a new BMW "Sales Manager" is coming in?

Ian last of the few :friday

Good luck Pal

TD
:thumb2

Found out yesterday the sales manager from Marshalls Motorrad grimsby is leaving any day now so thought I would start a rumour that he's off to Rainbow.

Ian was/is one of the top blokes at Rainbow, he'll be sadly missed for sure.

Found out yesterday the sales manager from Marshalls Motorrad grimsby is leaving any day now so thought I would start a rumour that he's off to Rainbow.

If your right about Clarke leaving, he won't be missed. He's a total twat.

other dealerships other than BMW ones dont seem to have a problem retaining staff..pidcocks change staff like underpants..BMW have just announced projected sales to increase dramatically over the next year, building smaller engined bikes to boost sales this will put more pressure on staff to reach targets

If your right about Clarke leaving, he won't be missed. He's a total twat.

Don't really know the guy but found his attitude , ermmm 'challenging' shall we say. This was the guy who said he wouldn't sell me a basic spec R1200RS, no explanation why at the time, but later clarified by saying it wouldn't be good customer service to sell me one as they don't hold their value. My choice surely? Can't be arsed with all this marketing bullshit so left it- the new salesman, Dave, seems like a decent guy so might have another look-see at some point..

I'm guessing he's the same bloke who offered me a deal on a new GSA, confirmed it in a number of phone calls, kept promising to E-mail it to me then renegaded having decided that he couldn't offer me that deal after all but was able to offer me something far worse.

Funny...that was why Ian at Rainbow was a great bloke to deal with " there ya go that's the deal" sorted

Almost came across like " back of a fag packet"

TD
:thumb2

I'm guessing he's the same bloke who offered me a deal on a new GSA, confirmed it in a number of phone calls, kept promising to E-mail it to me then renegaded having decided that he couldn't offer me that deal after all but was able to offer me something far worse.

It came across that I had to order it 'there and then' to secure a bike, like they were doing me a favour. All marketing bollocks, making out they are in such short supply etc etc to justify the premium price. Plenty of people fall for it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom