Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Darla's are amazing!!!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the kind comments folks. Here are a couple from yesterdays wanderings on the 'ickle GS:-

Auchindoun Castle

Blervie castle

The River Spey

Rather ominously, the Police dive unit were at the Advie bridge, with the RAF Mountain Rescue trucks a little further down stream. Nothing in the local paers about a floater, so i hope it was just an exercise

SteveT

Very nice Steve.

Currently planning a long weekend (4 days) riding around Scotland with the old man. May have to pester you for suggestions/recommendations re roads and routes to make the most of our trip.

Very jealous that you get to play on them all year round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What fantastic country.

More nice weather!!!????

Twas 12 degrees Celcius yesterday, 29th December, so I took the F8Gs up into the hills . . . . specifically I headed for the Lecht Ski centre via Grantown on Spey and Tomintoul . . . . . .

Here we see the centre without much snow . . . . unlike less than a week ago when the road was closed due to TOO MUCH snow

This is the view towards Braemar, showing the growing bank of clouds that contain much wetness . . . . . . .

Headed home via Strathdon and the Cabrach, with the sun and the very strong wind at my back

Today, I'd be better off with a set of water wings and not motorised wheels . . . . . . check out the River Dee video clip that shows a mobile home being rammed under a bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35195275

Lets see what tomorrow brings, weather wise, to take us into the New Year

SteveT

Great pics steve still not missing the grey and the rain lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishbmwbiker View Post
    Great pics steve still not missing the grey and the rain lol
    Hi John.

Great to see that your not suffering withdrawl symtoms from the Jockaneess weather

Take care when riding on the wrong side of the road

SteveT

Thumbs up Diirty wanderings

Thought I'd add some more piccies to this thread . . . . from a little dirty wander I had today . . . . .

Need to get a little off road practice in - off on the 'ickle F658GS to wales next month for the Taffy Dakar

SteveT

Where was this Steve? You about over the next week (leave etc.)? I "may" be checking out a 450X that it would be good to get a second set of eyes on...? Local too ;-)

Andy
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”
    ― Freya Stark, A Winter in Arabia

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AndyR34 View Post
    Where was this Steve?
    You know that if I tell you I'll have to . . . .

You about over the next week
    Yes

I "may" be checking out a 450X that it would be good to get a second set of eyes on...? Local too ;-)
    That'll be the one in Forres then!

Don't know nuffing about them machines cept they need servicing more than most women . . . . . but I can pop along for a nosey

SteveT

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    You know that if I tell you I'll have to . . . .

Yes

That'll be the one in Forres then!

Don't know nuffing about them machines cept they need servicing more than most women . . . . . but I can pop along for a nosey

SteveT

Will wait out for the phonecall from the lad to say his other offer has fallen through (... hopefully...) and get teh details, then I may even PM or text you - assuming your phone is on;-)

Cheers muchly and chat soon

Andy

PS. If I do get a little bike, you can show me where this is, then you won't have to ....
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”

I know

Quote Originally Posted by mspenz View Post
    I know
    Thats cos you's bad, like wot I am

Andy - my phone is NEVER on

And you already have a little bike! Just cos it's green doesn't mean you can ignore it

Popped out again today . . . . Mr Spenz will know where these locations are as well

SteveT

That's it! I really need a slightly bigger little bike, may pop into Willie's to see what he's got...

I really fancy learning these 'alternative' routes...

Thinking of doing a camping trip sometime this week (or next), you working as usual??

Andy

Popped out again today . . . . Mr Spenz will know where these locations are as well

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, and you definitely run the risk of some lead shot in your arse there...worth it though

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Another close to home 'practice area' Steve and less chance of being shot at here I'd take the GSA up there but there's a gate and ditch to negotiate so slightly easier with the CCM!

Those 'doggy' bags are useful for stopping your number plate getting too dirty

A cabin booked at Applecross tomorrow but snow forecast at the Bealach ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast