Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Thumbs up More fun . . . . . .

There is more than one way up onto that area Mike . . . . . taken this morning whilst out testing the latest rubber . . . . . . after finding yet another way up onto the hill . . . . . . .

Coffee time in the middle of nowhere . . . . .

Then wandered here and got an "Arty" shot of the machine and a nice metal structure . . . . . . . .

SteveT

Thumbs up No dirt . . . . . . just some sand

a few piccies from todays burle out . . . . .

SteveT

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Balnakeil ?

M

Quote Originally Posted by beekeeper View Post
    Balnakeil

Thumbs up Hibernation Time

Final fling - Planning to lay the Strom up for the winter and continue riding my F8GS through the grimy months, so this weekend see’s it’s last outing of 2016

Another local loop of around 90 miles took me over the hills and not too far away.

The Thinking Mans Bike - so why have I got one?

SteveT

Very nice Steve

Thumbs up

Tis the time after Christmas, and all around the house bellies groan. Feck this, I'm orf out on my bike

Cairngorms, as viewed on the way from Grantown towards Tomintoul . . . . .

. . . . and the view back to towards Grantown . . . . . . .

And finally I find some less than scenic snow that I can park in

Spotted AndyR34 as I approached the turning for Tomintoul, gave him & his a wave as I slithered past. Popped in to chat with him on my return to civilisation, and made full and proper use of his pressure washer to de-gundge both me and the bike - Cheers Andy

SteveT

Always a pleasure Steve, there was a lot of snow on the Dava road but not enough to stop you riding! NUTTER!!

Get well soon buddy, you looked like sh*t today - Sue said so anyway ;-) !!!

TTFN

Andy
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”
    ― Freya Stark, A Winter in Arabia

Nothing like a mates encouragement eh Steve, first calls you a nutter and then says you looked like sh*t...........
    If you can't do it anymore, teach it

sorry for the hijack and probably a stupid question but that is my speciality. so-- f800 v vstrom1000, opinion please. tia, jags.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyR34 View Post
    . . . . . you looked like sh*t today - Sue said so anyway ;-) !!!
    I guess my time at charm school was wasted on yer sister then?

Iain, - he's right on both counts, so I really can't argue with him on those comments

Jags - F8GS makes doing certain things easy, whilst the Strom does other things slightly better than the F8GS . . . . . . . . but . . . . . . . and I've been asked this question before . . . . . . . .

If I could have only one bike (never going to happen, so this is all hyperthetical!) it would be the F8GS. Thats as of now, whilst my failing shell can still manage to do the things my strange mind wants it to do.

All things change with time and changing ability levels, but whilst I'm still able to make an arse of meself, the F8GS would, hyperthetically, be my one and only bike .

SteveT

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I guess my time at charm school was wasted on yer sister then?

Iain, - he's right on both counts, so I really can't argue with him on those comments

Jags - F8GS makes doing certain things easy, whilst the Strom does other things slightly better than the F8GS . . . . . . . . but . . . . . . . and I've been asked this question before . . . . . . . .

If I could have only one bike (never going to happen, so this is all hyperthetical!) it would be the F8GS. Thats as of now, whilst my failing shell can still manage to do the things my strange mind wants it to do.

All things change with time and changing ability levels, but whilst I'm still able to make an arse of meself, the F8GS would, hyperthetically, be my one and only bike .

SteveT

I thought you said you knew my sister Steve, your memory must be failing ...

Lesson 1: Don't mention the dog being oveweight and 'needy' - Fail :-)
    Lesson 2: Don't mention the grey/strawberry blonde/white hair - Fail :-)
    Lesson 3: Don't mention Dave... - Phew, not failed... Yet! ;-)

She's as typical a 'big' sister as you will find, but I love her (and her chubby/demanding dog, silver hair and stroppy husband!)...

Andy
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”
    ― Freya Stark, A Winter in Arabia

Some great pictures here

steve t, thanks for your comments.

Southern Loch ness side road got my attention this afternoon . . . . .

SteveT

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Looks like you had a good day out Steve, cracking weather for it.

If you can't do it anymore, teach it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast