Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

More nice weather!!!????

Twas 12 degrees Celcius yesterday, 29th December, so I took the F8Gs up into the hills . . . . specifically I headed for the Lecht Ski centre via Grantown on Spey and Tomintoul . . . . . .

Here we see the centre without much snow . . . . unlike less than a week ago when the road was closed due to TOO MUCH snow :confused:

This is the view towards Braemar, showing the growing bank of clouds that contain much wetness . . . . . . .

Headed home via Strathdon and the Cabrach, with the sun and the very strong wind at my back :D

Today, I'd be better off with a set of water wings and not motorised wheels . . . . . . check out the River Dee video clip that shows a mobile home being rammed under a bridge :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35195275

Lets see what tomorrow brings, weather wise, to take us into the New Year

SteveT

:cool:

:rob Great pics steve still not missing the grey and the rain lol
Hi John.

Great to see that your not suffering withdrawl symtoms from the Jockaneess weather :D

Take care when riding on the wrong side of the road ;)

SteveT

Diirty wanderings

Thought I'd add some more piccies to this thread . . . . from a little dirty wander I had today . . . . .

Need to get a little off road practice in - off on the 'ickle F658GS to wales next month for the Taffy Dakar :D

SteveT

Where was this Steve? You about over the next week (leave etc.)? I "may" be checking out a 450X that it would be good to get a second set of eyes on...? Local too ;-)

Andy

Where was this Steve?
You know that if I tell you I'll have to . . . . :D

You about over the next week
Yes

I "may" be checking out a 450X that it would be good to get a second set of eyes on...? Local too ;-)
That'll be the one in Forres then!

Don't know nuffing about them machines cept they need servicing more than most women :eek: :thumb . . . . . but I can pop along for a nosey :D :D :D

SteveT

You know that if I tell you I'll have to . . . . :D

Yes

That'll be the one in Forres then!

Don't know nuffing about them machines cept they need servicing more than most women :eek: :thumb . . . . . but I can pop along for a nosey :D :D :D

SteveT

Will wait out for the phonecall from the lad to say his other offer has fallen through (... hopefully...) and get teh details, then I may even PM or text you - assuming your phone is on;-)

Cheers muchly and chat soon

Andy

PS. If I do get a little bike, you can show me where this is, then you won't have to ....

Thats cos you's bad, like wot I am :D ;)

Andy - my phone is NEVER on :p

And you already have a little bike! Just cos it's green doesn't mean you can ignore it :D :D :D

Popped out again today . . . . Mr Spenz will know where these locations are as well :thumb

SteveT

That's it! I really need a slightly bigger little bike, may pop into Willie's to see what he's got...

I really fancy learning these 'alternative' routes...

Thinking of doing a camping trip sometime this week (or next), you working as usual??

Andy

Popped out again today . . . . Mr Spenz will know where these locations are as well :thumb

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, and you definitely run the risk of some lead shot in your arse there...worth it though :rolleyes:

Another close to home 'practice area' Steve and less chance of being shot at here :cool: I'd take the GSA up there but there's a gate and ditch to negotiate so slightly easier with the CCM!

Those 'doggy' bags are useful for stopping your number plate getting too dirty :D

A cabin booked at Applecross tomorrow but snow forecast at the Bealach :blast...

More fun . . . . . .

There is more than one way up onto that area Mike . . . . . taken this morning whilst out testing the latest rubber . . . . . . after finding yet another way up onto the hill :D . . . . . . .

Coffee time in the middle of nowhere . . . . .

Then wandered here and got an "Arty" shot of the machine and a nice metal structure :D . . . . . . . .

SteveT

No dirt . . . . . . just some sand

a few piccies from todays burle out . . . . .

SteveT

Hibernation Time

Final fling - Planning to lay the Strom up for the winter and continue riding my F8GS through the grimy months, so this weekend see’s it’s last outing of 2016

Another local loop of around 90 miles took me over the hills and not too far away.

The Thinking Mans Bike - so why have I got one? :D

SteveT

Tis the time after Christmas, and all around the house bellies groan. Feck this, I'm orf out on my bike :D

Cairngorms, as viewed on the way from Grantown towards Tomintoul . . . . .

. . . . and the view back to towards Grantown . . . . . . .

And finally I find some less than scenic snow that I can park in ;)

Spotted AndyR34 as I approached the turning for Tomintoul, gave him & his a wave as I slithered past. Popped in to chat with him on my return to civilisation, and made full and proper use of his pressure washer to de-gundge both me and the bike :D - Cheers Andy :thumby:

SteveT

Always a pleasure Steve, there was a lot of snow on the Dava road but not enough to stop you riding! NUTTER!!

Get well soon buddy, you looked like sh*t today - Sue said so anyway ;-) !!!

TTFN

Andy

Back
Top Bottom