Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Yes, looking good, I also need to get away again soon :D

You've been back for how long exactly?

Saying that I'm only 2 weeks back after 3 weeks in the States so can't winge. But will.

2 weeks back after 3 weeks in Greek Peloponnese, Macedonia & Albania..I know, mustn't grumble but I will as well :D
I'm in need of a 2 year plan to escape the constraints/repetition/fuckwitted colleagues and get into a situation that will allow me/us to travel at will....Oh bugger, realisation :blast

2 weeks back after 3 weeks in Greek Peloponnese, Macedonia & Albania..I know, mustn't grumble but I will as well :D
I'm in need of a 2 year plan to escape the constraints/repetition/fuckwitted colleagues and get into a situation that will allow me/us to travel at will....Oh bugger, realisation :blast

I've made my plan official and finish in December. Ski pass bought.

I've made my plan official and finish in December. Ski pass bought.

That is a bloody good plan, all the best :thumby:
I'll see you out on the hill at some point and maybe get a day on skins when the weather behaves!

Back in the saddle

After a prolonged and still ongoing battle with medical issues, eldest son got "back on the horse" yesterday for the 1st time in over 4 months . . . . .

37479233316_e80f863b22_z.jpg

Of course we did some dirt :D

Great to have you riding along side me again Neil :thumb2

SteveT

:cool:

Good news about Neil Steve, pass on my best wishes and I hope that he keeps improving :thumb

Out again

Seeing as the time is drawing near when I put Big Bird to bed for the winter, and as it is almost officially winter, what with the clocks going back, I thought I’d best give the big girl a run out into the autumnal leaves before she’s tucked up for the winter.

Bridge of Balgie always lends itself to a good ride out, so orf I set, wending my way sarf via mainly small roads and the odd big one.

Plenty of orange and yellow hues dangling from the trees . . . .
26218812479_e43fc987c7_z.jpg

Stopped for a brew next to the local war memorial . . . . . .
37994581351_5b6804793c_z.jpg

And me being me, when a wood calls me into it’s midst, I’m always happy to explore :rolleyes: . . . .
37994580911_27c810bc94_z.jpg

Heading further south, took this nice scenic shot back towards the Glen . . . . .
37994578451_6b5df6df2a_z.jpg

As I topped the road near the dam, the clouds were doing their best to out run each other . . . . .
37994575681_6e69af1c28_z.jpg

The clouds omen was not a good one – the run back north was accompanied by a very, very strong cross wind. Glen Shee was fun, but I chickened out of trying to ride side saddle over the Lecht, so took the long road home via the Cabrach.

Nice way to spend a Saturday

SteveT

2017 - Last Ride

Took a wander onto some of the higher roads in Moray this morning, on my last ride of 2017

24541898457_7121ac5e96_c.jpg

Happy New Year to all UKGSers

SteveT

Winter ride time

1st proper ride of 2018, so popped out on the bike today as due to various medical excuses I've not put many miles on the petrol donkey in the last month or so.

Destination set, in my own mind, as the Lecht ski runs for a photo opportunity. Taking the small road to Grantown on Spey, I had to stop in the town to re-heat my hands via a nice cuppa tea and a nibble .

Onwards towards Tomintoul and the Lecht . . . . .
39288926745_bf0c3360a5_c.jpg

39288930715_18ef6fbfb4_c.jpg

40154413632_ba8ac9d888_c.jpg

Ski slopes were very busy, but still plenty of space in the car parks, as can be seen from the photo's.

Headed back towards Tomintoul and turned onto the Dufftown road only to find the road blocked by a "wanna-be" rally driving teenager . . . .

40154411662_221e44cc5a_c.jpg

Driver was OK, but as can be seen from the photo, those dents most definatly will NOT buff out. All 3 front air bags had gone off as well
He claimed the sun was in his eyes! Fair enough, the angles were all correct for that to be the case, but all the signage for that location tells you whats coming, so not really a good excuse. Plus the lad was wearing rally driving style boots - you know, the really thin ones that let you get a good feel of the pedals as you heel & toe the pedals. Like I said before, wanna-be rally driver :nenau
I took a note of his reg number, just so I can pass it onto the local councils insurer, to allow then to re-claim the bridge repair costs from the lads insurance company

Bike now washed and re-lubed ready for the next "warm" winter days ride

SteveT

Teenage drivers

1st proper ride of 2018, so popped out on the bike today as due to various medical excuses I've not put many miles on the petrol donkey in the last month or so.

Destination set, in my own mind, as the Lecht ski runs for a photo opportunity. Taking the small road to Grantown on Spey, I had to stop in the town to re-heat my hands via a nice cuppa tea and a nibble .

Onwards towards Tomintoul and the Lecht . . . . .
39288926745_bf0c3360a5_c.jpg

39288930715_18ef6fbfb4_c.jpg

40154413632_ba8ac9d888_c.jpg

Ski slopes were very busy, but still plenty of space in the car parks, as can be seen from the photo's.

Headed back towards Tomintoul and turned onto the Dufftown road only to find the road blocked by a "wanna-be" rally driving teenager . . . .

40154411662_221e44cc5a_c.jpg

Driver was OK, but as can be seen from the photo, those dents most definatly will NOT buff out. All 3 front air bags had gone off as well
He claimed the sun was in his eyes! Fair enough, the angles were all correct for that to be the case, but all the signage for that location tells you whats coming, so not really a good excuse. Plus the lad was wearing rally driving style boots - you know, the really thin ones that let you get a good feel of the pedals as you heel & toe the pedals. Like I said before, wanna-be rally driver :nenau
I took a note of his reg number, just so I can pass it onto the local councils insurer, to allow then to re-claim the bridge repair costs from the lads insurance company

Bike now washed and re-lubed ready for the next "warm" winter days ride

SteveT

Great photos Steve ,that's one of my favourite roads maybe not at this time of year for me.
iWork at a college and try not to arrive at any
where near 9.am as all the teenager expert drivers are out and about and it's mayhem.

Cracking piccies, I bet it was a tad chilly... Brrrrrrrrr

Took out the "new-to-me" F8GS Trophy for a bonding spin out into the wintery countryside . . . .

Taken just after I'de found some ice under some snow and lost the front . . . . . a bit :D
40745265722_34cdea21f8_c.jpg

Ben Rinnes from a dry-ish road
38977351580_00e81fe242_c.jpg

Bike was eldest sons, but he's got all lardy with a 1200GS and I've gone and sold my orange steed :eek: :rolleyes:

SteveT

And today I have been mainly riding the hills around home - Dufftown-Cabrach-Strathdon-Corgarff-Lecht-Tomintoul-Glenlivet-home :D

26937202118_97ed635d68_c.jpg

38997108160_c1b96bdf04_c.jpg

SteveT

Had planned a run to Ullapool, but as i arrived in Inverness the skies had darkened and it started to do what the weatehr in Inverness always seems to do when I visit there . . . . . it rained :rolleyes:

Sheltered under Kessock bridge till the skies cleared . . . . a bit, then headed into the hills south of Inverness :thumb2

26137613567_c3a5e959cd_c.jpg

40299119494_20d58b86bf_c.jpg

40115267085_668f00e2fe_c.jpg

40299116854_bcd8eddb0b_c.jpg

SteveT

Back
Top Bottom