Thread: 610TE Buying Advice

Extreme dog owner Click here to find out how to Subscribe

610TE Buying Advice

Hi all,
    I'm tempted by a 1999 husky 610te that Ive seen on eBay .
    The guy says its a little tatty but runs well and hasn't done much (they all say that though).
    Does anyone here have any advice/warnings about these bikes - particularly the reliability of lack thereof of the motor?
    The price is £1150, expensive or not?
    Cheers, Steve.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've got a 2006 te610 I have not had any issues since I've had it. The only thing I've done is replace the camchain and tensioner as it was a bit noisy and when I checked the tensioner it was at its maximum. It's an easy thing to check there is a video online.

The one I'm considering is HERE

Is this similar to yours NT?

It says the bidding has ended,has it been snatched from your fingertips.

No the 'winner' of the auction dicked him about he said, so he gave me one of those second chance offers. Not sure about it now. The 'winner' may have had good reason to pull out of the sale if the bike sounded terrible or was in worse condition than advertised. Some photos are a bit fuzzy as well which makes me nervous. The obvious thing would be to go and see it in the flesh, but it's about an 8 hour round trip from my place in Cornwall and a whole day taken up. Whether the bike has a famously fragile or reliable reputation would sway me one way or the other.

Maybe worth asking if there is anyone on here who is local and could go have a look and give you some feedback.

Thanks NT very generous of you. Incidentally, how far is Dudley from Norfolk?