Auxiliary lights

andy5329

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whats opinions on auxiliary lights?

Im running 2013 Air-cooled Rt,headlights give plenty of coverage,however my issues is one of my bulbs keeps blowing.
Its been back to BM three times,this will be the fourth,told loose connection ect..

My issues is its seems to be an on gong problem,I'm using the bike at work,can't get it back to BM till the 7th jan due to xmas and work commitment so I'm running around on one headlight.Which i know most bike only have that,but with London traffic,dumb arses on the motorway I like to be seen.

So I'm after a set of lights,incase this happens again.

Looking at nippy normans ones,anyone have them,used them??

Thanks

Replaced the bulbs three times,which worked for a period then went again...Bikes still under warranty so HID ect been told i cannot fit.
It seems to be a wiring problem,because of this i think anything i link the wire will have the same issues thats the reason I'm looking at something on a separate system.
The other side works perfect with no issues,definitely something with the wire connection.

Hopefully BM will sort this once and for all,in all the years Ive had Bmw I've not had a problem with any of them and the local dealer has always been good at sorting warranty issues out.
I just wonder if it is a problem from the manufacture and simply wiggling a few wires to make it work again is not the fix.

I believe you can buy bulbs designed for use in areas where high levels of vibration are experiences. You could just be the victim of a different batch of bulbs. Good luck.

I think you need to get the cause sorted first. Standard halogens in an RT should not blow and you should be getting good life out of them. Your risk is that any (more expensive) replacement will blow as well if BMW hasn't sorted out the problem.

I'd always thought the standard lights on the RT were pretty good but for lack of hassle and ease of fitting I'd look seriously at LED's as an upgrade.:thumb

Getting Bm to do a thorough diagnostic, they seem to think loose wire...

Yes the original set up has been fine, not a problem, even with the bulb gone still have enough capable light, however I have noticed motorway and London commuter are not as quick to notice you.. Maybe in my head..

Will def fit some auxiliary lights, waiting to see which ones.

Thanks fo your replies

Back
Top Bottom