"You're not insured"

Haroldsenior

Reaction score
I got a notice today from the MIB (the insurance data base) telling me what I should do as my GS LC was not insured. It is! During the phone call to the the Insurance Co. for confirmation I was told I was not the first. It is easy for them to get the Underwriters to rectify the matter but it can take 14 days. In the meantime if I am stopped by the police using the NPR system, the Police will be checking on the selfsame incomplete data base that flagged up my missing details!
I suggest we all carry our Ins. certificates in future, although I never normally carry documents.

I live in central London, surrounded by ANPR cameras and police cars. I wouldn't worry about it, nor would I start carrying around anything.

I have received the 'Your vehicle is not shown on the insurance database and might not be insured. Rectify it or you'll be sent to hell' letter, at least twice. Easily sorted out.

You were not bothered by life before receiving the letter, don't let it stress you for up to 14 days afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom