flip up helmet?

N
Totally agree I have a neotec and a gt-air both with the sho1 and I almost always go for the neotec

Same here had all the shoei flip lids. Neotec is by far the best & added sun visor is a great +.

Agree that th GSA has a lot of wind noise...fitted an MRA Xcreen which has made a huge difference. Find it hard to believe a small strip of plastic has made such a big difference. For me it is by far the best mod I have made.

View attachment 297910

Same experience, here.
I fitted a Wunderlich screen extender, and the difference it made reducing buffeting/noise was incredible.

What size Neotec were you looking at? I have an unused medium Neotec in white that I bought thinking my pillion would use it ... but the relationship didn't go that far! Keep thinking I ought to advertise it but don't get round to it. My own helmet is a Neotec and very pleased with it.

What size Neotec were you looking at? I have an unused medium Neotec in white that I bought thinking my pillion would use it ... but the relationship didn't go that far! Keep thinking I ought to advertise it but don't get round to it. My own helmet is a Neotec and very pleased with it.
Please pm me the price you would like for the neotec thanks

It has the added benefit that when the front is flipped up, the profile remains much lower than a C3 and so you can ride quicker with it open....

Well, as far as I know it is NOT allowed to ride when front is up
I've had C3 for 6 years now and for me time to change. I will probably go into C3 Pro.

I have an Evoline 3 and love it, I may move to the new Evo One at some point because it includes a pinlock, I've found I use it almost all the time in the Open Face position and only drop the chinbar when getting a lick on or in bad weather.

Neotec

In my humble opinion a couple of points that need looking at.

First its GOT to be a good fit. If you have any little pressure points after a short time you won't be able to think about anything else apart from the pain its causing. You've just got to try them on for a decent length of time.

Secondly if you use a flip front and leave it in the up position when riding, if you have any 'off' the additional leverage from the front sticking up in the air and possible hitting something is going to snap your neck like a carrot.
They really shouldn't be used with the flip front up when riding.

A flip would be great for the summer, how does the fit/sizing of a Shoei neotec compare to an Arai? I always buy Arai and find small perfect for my head, nice and snug.

In my humble opinion a couple of points that need looking at.

First its GOT to be a good fit. If you have any little pressure points after a short time you won't be able to think about anything else apart from the pain its causing. You've just got to try them on for a decent length of time.

Secondly if you use a flip front and leave it in the up position when riding, if you have any 'off' the additional leverage from the front sticking up in the air and possible hitting something is going to snap your neck like a carrot.
They really shouldn't be used with the flip front up when riding.

The Evoline is appproved for use with chinbar up or down...

I've got a month old BMW System 6 Evo size medium in white for sale if you're interested.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good point, but the Evoline is the draftiest helmet I've ever used..

I've had my c3pro since they were launched a couple of years ago.

I'm about to send it back for repairs (i think it has a 5 year warranty, ) because rain leaks in around the visor and drops into my eyes.
It may be the best helmet you can buy, but there are snags. Its not perfect.

The one thing you may find, compared to non-flip...is that the aperture you "look through" is a little smaller.
Today (with the C3pro packaged up to return) I used my old Arai. It was nice because it gives a wider field of vision both up and down, left to right. It felt really good! So to sum up, the C3Pro is a tad quieter and its nicely made. But other helmets are worth considering.

Whatever you purchase , don't get the associated SRC fitting , complete crap.

I've had my c3pro since they were launched a couple of years ago.

I'm about to send it back for repairs (i think it has a 5 year warranty, ) because rain leaks in around the visor and drops into my eyes.
It may be the best helmet you can buy, but there are snags. Its not perfect.

The one thing you may find, compared to non-flip...is that the aperture you "look through" is a little smaller.
Today (with the C3pro packaged up to return) I used my old Arai. It was nice because it gives a wider field of vision both up and down, left to right. It felt really good! So to sum up, the C3Pro is a tad quieter and its nicely made. But other helmets are worth considering.

Whatever you purchase , don't get the associated SRC fitting , complete crap.

What's the problem with the SRC?

Ah , sorry . the good thing is that its beautifully integrated and the functions work well.
The snag is when you turn up for a group ride, perhaps a riding holiday .... and everyone can talk to each other , but you can't join in.

The SRC will only connect to a SRC. Buy a SENA if you want to join in with your riding buddies.

Ahh , I see said the blind man!!!

Thanks for that, src on my shopping list as just bought a c3 pro last month, I'm fine with my own ramblings so doesn't bother me talking to others ;-)

Back
Top Bottom