flip up helmet?

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Greetings all, I think it's time to bite the bullet and change to a flip up front helmet. I have looked at a few and narrowed it down to Shoei neotec or a Schubeth C3 Pro. I have loads of Arai's which fit well but fancy a change.

Anyone got an opinion good or bad on these? ....TA

I used Arai for years and still use one for everyday riding to work and back, they are fantastic, then I changed to a BMW system 6 which is basically a Schubeth and found it very uncomfortable. I have now opted for a Shoei neotec with comms and its as comfortable or even more comfortable as the Arai. A really good quality helmet and the custom built comms for it are excellent. ( Cardo Sho1)

N
I used Arai for years and still use one for everyday riding to work and back, they are fantastic, then I changed to a BMW system 6 which is basically a Schubeth and found it very uncomfortable. I have now opted for a Shoei neotec with comms and its as comfortable or even more comfortable as the Arai. A really good quality helmet and the custom built comms for it are excellent. ( Cardo Sho1)
Totally agree I have a neotec and a gt-air both with the sho1 and I almost always go for the neotec

Started with a Caburg, then a Schuberth , now a Neotec.

The Schuberth by far the best for quietness but whilst great for taking phone calls for work I found was too insulating, Neotec not so quiet but can still hear what's going on around me, and if I have to the phone.
If I buy another it will probably be a Neotec.

The shark can be used open which might suit more.

I have used a Schuberth C3pro with the SRC system for about 2 years now. I wear it virtually every day and love it.

It feels just a new as it did when I bought it. I thought long and hard before investing in it as it was very expensive however I have never had any regrets. It fits perfectly (I used to always wear Shoei). I still wear Shoei XR1100 and XR1000s sometimes at work but always prefer putting on my own schuberth to go home.

Helmets are a very personal thing so try them all and do your homework.

Neil

Had the C3 then C3 pro , far the quietest helmet , use mine with starcom digital intercom , no problems.
Also use a X-lite X551 noise with ear plugs in the same as C3pro without ear plugs

any of them are going to be ok, however for me the only ones worth a look are those where the chin bar swings over to the back of the helmet and you can use it in that position, so shark evoline/evo one - range or roof, anything where the front just tips up cant be ridden like that for any distance so why bother?

Not on your list but the Caberg Duke and Tourmax (basically the same helmet but with a peak) look good value to me. Tried a Tourmax on a few weeks ago and it felt great. Worth a look IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither fit my head shape... Neotec was departure in shell shape from my last Arai (Defiant) Hoping that you're basing your search on more than internet specs... you might want to also consider your comms gear as well.

I find the GS aerodynamics produce a lot more wind noise than other bikes I've owned/ridden. I'm guessing that these flip front helmets are going to be noisier than standard due to the design. I don't like wearing ear plugs so the combination of a noisier bike with a noisier helmet design doesn't appeal.
Anyone able to confirm or refute my uneducated guesswork?

I find the GS aerodynamics produce a lot more wind noise than other bikes I've owned/ridden. I'm guessing that these flip front helmets are going to be noisier than standard due to the design. I don't like wearing ear plugs so the combination of a noisier bike with a noisier helmet design doesn't appeal.
Anyone able to confirm or refute my uneducated guesswork?

I have a GSA which is the wind noisiest (?) bike I've ever had. I also have a flip helmet, a Shoei Neotec. This is also very noisy, I would concur with what you have written.

I have a C3 (not pro) which I've always got one with. Always had Arai before.

Recently switched to BMW system 6 Evo and find it to be WAY better than the C3. It's much more luxurious inside and I also find it much quieter. It has the added benefit that when the front is flipped up, the profile remains much lower than a C3 and so you can ride quicker with it open.

Overall, it's my favourite helmet since I used a Schubert J1.

So much depends on head shape, height, bike, screen height etc. though...

Big fan of Shark Evoline also, the only drawback was you couldn't get a pinlock and I found it steamed up badly in rain. Which really is the only time I have the chinbar forward.

So I am very interested in the Shark Evo One which comes with one as standard, due to be launched in March? Shark may have overcome the problems of the Evoline?

http://www.shark-helmets.com/produc...Division&code_gamme=DISCO&code_sous_gamme=EV1

PS. Is it me or is this thread in the wrong place?

I have a GSA which is the wind noisiest (?) bike I've ever had. I also have a flip helmet, a Shoei Neotec. This is also very noisy, I would concur with what you have written.

Agree that th GSA has a lot of wind noise...fitted an MRA Xcreen which has made a huge difference. Find it hard to believe a small strip of plastic has made such a big difference. For me it is by far the best mod I have made.

image.jpeg

Greetings all, I think it's time to bite the bullet and change to a flip up front helmet. I have looked at a few and narrowed it down to Shoei neotec or a Schubeth C3 Pro. I have loads of Arai's which fit well but fancy a change.

Anyone got an opinion good or bad on these? ....TA

I use c3 pro and have no regrets. Initially the catch to lock down the flip up was a little stiff but eased up quickly. Nice and quiet.

Check fit before you do anything.
Arais tend to fit me well, Shoeis don't which rules them out straight away.

I tried loads on recently & plumped for a HJC PHA MAX EVO, bit of a mouthful but very happy with it, now heavily discounted

Back
Top Bottom