flip up helmet?

I've emailed both Helmet City and Nolan in Italy for advice. No reply from either yet. JoeBiff - can I ask how you removed the pads? What holds them in? May not be the same on yours but could give me a clue at least.

I've emailed both Helmet City and Nolan in Italy for advice. No reply from either yet. JoeBiff - can I ask how you removed the pads? What holds them in? May not be the same on yours but could give me a clue at least.

I recall it being extremely fiddly operation. It was last year and the precise detail how I achieved it, slips my mind now but I seem to remember them being wedged together somehow. Very gently easing them out with fingers did the trick, due to the nature of the styrene.
I really am guessing here - sorry it's not much help to you.

No it's OK - I've managed to remove them using a bit of force and wiggling - ignoring the warning in the manual! Now to see if I can fit the coms and see if they work :rolleyes: Thanks for the replies.

Remember to connect all the wiring (between inner module, and outer control ) before you stick-on the control to the outer shell of the helmet. This little gem is hidden obscurely in the manual, and easily missed; DAMHIK

All done and working fine - only small snag is that you can't use the "wind protector" on the chin guard as there's so little room between the chin guard and face that with the microphone installed it's not possible to open or close the helmet if the wind protector is fitted. In fact it's quite hard to find a position for the microphone where it doesn't rub against your face.

Went for a spin this afternoon and helmet is comfortable enough, about as noisy as my BMW System 6 Evo, maybe a bit lighter. Having tried both I think I prefer the System 6 for ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom