R1100 Seat

An airhawk fixed mine.
First I had a medium cruiser but that was a pain in the balls so now I have an R, bought both used from Gumtree at less than half the new price.

Some will say a Sargent me I use a Corbin nice and firm and good for long days in the saddle,it depends on what your little legs and soft arse will prefer and if they don't sort ya £100 for it :D

I have a Corbin on my 1100.. The most comfy seat I've ever had... No arse ache on 500 mile days on the recent Bez trip....

you have already been told but corbin, I have the large TT tank on my 1100 and the corbin seat is good for a full tank full

I had the same issue on my 1100. Tried having the std seat repadded and covered but not much better and too thick. Now have a Sargent and it's a lot better but I still need to get off and walk around for a while every 90 mins or so to avoid numb bum on longer trips. Haven't tried a Corbin.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wunderlich. Fitted a couple of years ago and still the best single improvement (of many!!) I have made to my bike.

Standard seat is fine but improved with you wearing cycling shorts with gel pad and far cheaper !!

Got a sargent which was an improvement but still uncomfortable but a set of gel inserts sorted it.

I have a Corbin and they are brilliant but hideously expensive unless you can find a used one. Also bear in mind the standard pillion seat will not fit with it. Another option would be to get Tony Archer to work his magic on your seat. He has recovered on of my Corbins and I have used him on other bikes. He has transformed the standard seat on my 600 Transalp from a one hour seat into a 3 hour seat. He is very reasonably priced. Too cheap in my opinion for the work involved.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/184669-Tony-Archer-seats-Huddersfield

Corbin, Sargent, Wunderlich etc are very decent choices if you have the massive dosh to spare.

For poor bastid thinker like me I found a good compromise with the DIY kits (i.e. Pak-meister) that occasionally come FS in fleaBay for 100-150 quid or so and installed it, plus you can add the waterproof carbon heater element inbetween too (i.e. in comparison it's silly expensive to buy a heated Corbin). You strip the old foam, install the new with a new cover (an add the optional heater if you want to) and you're done. Very comfty for long days!

Massive costs saved on this vs Corbin or Sarget choice bought me half a ticket to moto trip to bloody cold but nice Iceland where the seat heating was a fab feature too on my old trusty 1100! Plus wifey enjoys the heated seat even more on her little DRZ. :beerjug:

19974469409_26ceb014ee_b.jpg

Corbin, Sargent, Wunderlich etc are very decent choices if you have the massive dosh to spare.

For poor bastid thinker like me I found a good compromise with the DIY kits (i.e. Pak-meister) that occasionally come FS in fleaBay for 100-150 quid or so and installed it, plus you can add the waterproof carbon heater element inbetween too (i.e. in comparison it's silly expensive to buy a heated Corbin). You strip the old foam, install the new with a new cover (an add the optional heater if you want to) and you're done. Very comfty for long days!

Massive costs saved on this vs Corbin or Sarget choice bought me half a ticket to moto trip to bloody cold but nice Iceland where the seat heating was a fab feature too on my old trusty 1100! Plus wifey enjoys the heated seat even more on her little DRZ. :beerjug:

For that price you can get Tony Archer to do it for you!

I have a Corbin and they are brilliant but hideously expensive unless you can find a used one. Also bear in mind the standard pillion seat will not fit with it. Another option would be to get Tony Archer to work his magic on your seat. He has recovered on of my Corbins and I have used him on other bikes. He has transformed the standard seat on my 600 Transalp from a one hour seat into a 3 hour seat. He is very reasonably priced. Too cheap in my opinion for the work involved.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/184669-Tony-Archer-seats-Huddersfield

Thank you for that info, I am going to go down this route since he is not too far from me......I have had so much of the bike apart in recent months and everything is wearing minimally, so it makes sense to improve upon what I have:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom