Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Les Tossers en France meet?

Les Tossers en France meet?

Hi

I see it has been suggested before but not sure if anything ever happened.

We would be happy to host a meet for the Tossers living in France. We're pretty central in dept 87 Haute Vienne with plenty of space for camping (or b&b if people prefer, booked in advance).
    We would provide a simple evening meal (chilli, jacket spuds & salad or something similar), beer, wine and soft drinks and some music for a small fee to cover costs
    Dates wise it would probably be a Saturday in early September.
    I realise it's a long way in advance and there's no need to commit now but it would be good to have some idea of interest.
    Also open to non French resident Tossers who wish to come and stays can be extended
    So, any interest???

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Count me in.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

My pics

Now this would make a nice stopover to a trip in Spain or France keep me posted

I went to two track days at the circuit. Good fun.

I'd be up for dropping by (B&B) assuming the dates work in September.

Should it be Les Tosseurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers100 View Post
    Should it be Les Tosseurs?
    I thought that myself but didn't want to confuse folks :-)

I have 2 trips in the 2016 calendar including at least an overnight in France. These are March & June so one in September seems appropriate.

Pencil me in for a Dinner, B&B room for maybe 2 nights - need a room to myself as last time I shared a bunkhouse I had a trainer thrown at me due to snoring.

Some friends ran a B&B hear Rocamadour where I stayed a few times so I have passed through without stopping to explore. Time to correct that.

My June trip will be not too far from you as I'm staying in La Bourboule for 3 nights to explore Les Volcanes
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

I would be up for that.
    Just up the road at Oradour Sur Vayers.

Cool! Thanks for the replies. I think the best thing is to set a date and then go from there. As Kevin Costner heard 'if you build it, they will come' :-)
    I just need to make sure we avoid the Saturday in September when we get road blocked in by the car rally....3 stages go past the bottom of our drive and whilst it's great fun, we can't get in or out for the day....

Would loved to have joined you, but September is a busy month for us, as are any summer months!
    http://www.brittanybikerbreaks.com Brittany Biker Breaks - bed and breakfast exclusively for motorcyclists in Brittany, France. 30 minutes from St Malo ferry port, 2 hours from Caen and 2.5 hours from Le Havre.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brittanybikerbreaks

Ohh la la

Sounds like a great idea, though you could be closer to England than here :-) Let me know when the dates are fixed, and I'll work things round. Camping should be fine in September, even for a southern softie like me

Salut.../Rob
    'Not all who wander are lost.' - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by weavo View Post
    I would be up for that.
    Just up the road at Oradour Sur Vayers.
    My inlaws live nearby in La tronchaise, I was there in October 15 on my gs, lovely part of France, you live in Oradour itself?

Depending on dates, I would also be up for this as a stop over on my way down south. Are the dates set for this 'reunion des branleurs'?

Quote Originally Posted by bazman View Post
    My inlaws live nearby in La tronchaise, I was there in October 15 on my gs, lovely part of France, you live in Oradour itself?
    Couple of km from La Tronchaise. Give me a shout when you are over next.

Have friends who own a big heap in st jouine des marnes so I could make a tour out of it, it's a great idea but too many uncertainties my end to make the commitment. I'll keep an eye on this thread though just in case I can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavo View Post
    Couple of km from La Tronchaise. Give me a shout when you are over next.
    Certainly will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast